178 replies to this topic

#61 Shiftymini

Shiftymini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

Were you there with Shifty, with his show plate still on, he looked quite surprised when i mentioned it!

I done the same thing at last years show lol

#62 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

Just uploading my pics now...
We had an, urm, adventurous day!
7 Minis, 9 Break Downs on the way, 3 on the way back (6 of which were my brothers), and we're only from Bristol... And yes, that is 12 Breakdowns in all! >_<
Had to have one of our cars (the yellow one) towed actually into the show by the 60's Van! The fuel pump arm had snapped so had no fuel. Got a new one, fitted it lovely jubly... until...
He was overtaken by one of us, stones flicked up abliterating his windscreen (as it was the old-skool toughened one), so we had to push as much of it out as we could then he drove approx 15 Miles without a windscreen, pouring down with rain! Brrrr Chilly!!!! And very wet!
So yeah, an aventful day I must admit! But then that's all part of the fun of it! ^_^ :) A proper Mini Adventure!

i know how he felt driving with no windscreen, i did 250miles today without one.lol

#63 Roo

Roo

The Queen Of The Curly Wurly

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  • Local Club: South Central Mini Club!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

the bloke selling panels beside our clubstand wasn't too chuffed when a certain lady on here (purple mini) ran over his neatly piled A panels

>_<

My wheels stick out more ^_^

#64 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

My Pics Click
Besties:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
>_<

#65 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

7 Minis, 9 Break Downs on the way, 3 on the way back (6 of which were my brothers), and we're only from Bristol... And yes, that is 12 Breakdowns in all! >_<
Had to have one of our cars (the yellow one) towed actually into the show by the 60's Van! The fuel pump arm had snapped so had no fuel. Got a new one, fitted it lovely jubly... until...
He was overtaken by one of us, stones flicked up abliterating his windscreen (as it was the old-skool toughened one), so we had to push as much of it out as we could then he drove approx 15 Miles without a windscreen, pouring down with rain! Brrrr Chilly!!!! And very wet!
So yeah, an aventful day I must admit! But then that's all part of the fun of it! ^_^ :) A proper Mini Adventure!

i know how he felt driving with no windscreen, i did 250miles today without one.lol

Atleast you were prepared! :P Lmao, he wern't expecting to be driving in the fresh air in his Mini haha

#66 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

The best of my pics:

Posted Image

Is that the broadspeed Trio? good to seem them about at shows still. at lot of work went into getting those how they are.

#67 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:57 PM

So yeah, an aventful day I must admit! But then that's all part of the fun of it! :P :P A proper Mini Adventure!

Atleast you were prepared! :P Lmao, he wern't expecting to be driving in the fresh air in his Mini haha

nice pic of my car matey :) , although it kinda makes me think i need to clean(repaint) it sometime, looks like i've just come back from iraq. ^_^ lmao

#68 ianpettifer

ianpettifer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Wowo what a day!!

big thanks to the foresters for letting me tag along!! was great, loved the show!!

Edited by ianpettifer, 08 March 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#69 cambiker71

cambiker71

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: Cambscustomclassics.com

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

the bloke selling panels beside our clubstand wasn't too chuffed when a certain lady on here (purple mini) ran over his neatly piled A panels

^_^

My wheels stick out more :)

They were in a daft place anyway, a couple of vans nearly had them before you, strange how he moved them after though >_<

#70 Roo

Roo

The Queen Of The Curly Wurly

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,656 posts
  • Local Club: South Central Mini Club!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

^_^

They were in a daft place anyway, a couple of vans nearly had them before you, strange how he moved them after though >_<

hahaha i didn't even see them haha i was too busy concentrating on the minis on the other side lol!!

#71 cambiker71

cambiker71

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: Cambscustomclassics.com

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

^_^

hahaha i didn't even see them haha i was too busy concentrating on the minis on the other side lol!!

Ha ha that was us trying not to block the whole doorway off!!

#72 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

was quite good...i did rather well for myself...didnt spend anything, n being sneaky sneaky all day hahaha missed the tmf piccy again but some how i guess ill be at another haha

#73 ashby_steve

ashby_steve

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:42 AM

i went but cammy was rather flat, lol it was my birthday so i got to blow some cash on a new set of tyres and a couple of interior bits

i was a bit disapointed hour n half drive to the show n it was pretty small

i hear the VW shows there are MASSIVE

#74 i love my grey mini

i love my grey mini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: www.dcmoc.co.uk

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:54 AM

great show all, shame about the derby an burton boys blasting there music, (thanks for frieghtening my little lad) some superb minis, got back to mine to find wipers and heater had packed up and a mini next to me not starting lol, but a quik bump start and a wiggle of my fuses and we was on our way. then on the way my n/s hi-lo went realy lo an wrecked my arch (bummer). apart from that we had a super day.....
ow and i got me a new gear stick, a brake spanner, and my adjustable shocks,

I'm sorry if i frightened your young one was not intentional didnt really have it on as much as people are making out think if ya added all the time together would of been about 1 hour max through out the day ,and our 2 year old didnt get frightened by a bit of loud music.Only one person asked me to turn it down and with in a couple of minutes it was off completely.

#75 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:33 AM

We went! Got a few photos, so will sort them out later!

Was good to meet up with Stiggy, Bec and Bounce again! :P

I bought alot of Mini 25 memorabilia! :)

2 MASSIVE posters, 2 pin badges, 3 stickers, lots of brochures, a postcard, a keyring, and a carrier bag! Massive thank you to the hubby and wife on that stall (The one on the left of the door in the top barn)!!

I also bought a smiths volt gauge, which hasn't even been used yet, for £14! >_<

It was quite a small show, as usual, but I enjoyed it and I'm glad I went, just because of the '25 stuff! ^_^

Glad to see the price had only increased by 50p from last time - And not to £10 like Bingley!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users