#16 Gromit Dog

Gromit Dog

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: Mid Island Mini Club

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:02 PM

Do we have any further info on this? I have a '97 I want to change up for a "nice" wheel. to complete the vintage look. I have removed the air bag module and all associated wiring (It does not connect to the ECM by the way) And as I am in Canada and the car is "grey Market" there should be no legal/insurance issue.  That said.  We didn't get the MG F or TF here, so are we certain this boss will fit? I'd hate to order one from overseas and have it not work.

Thanks for any advice/guidance.

B

#17 Tones61

Tones61

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

On my 2000 mpi,boss off eBay for an mgtf,you may have to trim/shave/file out the top of cowl hole a bit to clear,and fit an air bag bypass resistor,it's only a couple of pound 🚘👍

Attached Files

#18 Gromit Dog

Gromit Dog

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: Mid Island Mini Club

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:40 PM

On my 2000 mpi,boss off eBay for an mgtf,you may have to trim/shave/file out the top of cowl hole a bit to clear,and fit an air bag bypass resistor,it's only a couple of pound

Don't need a resistor as i have removed the entire workings, from wires to module (anyone need this stuff?)  Is it any year MGTF? we didn't get those here so I have no idea.

#19 Tones61

Tones61

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:26 AM

Mine was for an mgtf with an airbag,but u really need an mgtf one for the smaller column spline 😃

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares