21 replies to this topic

#16 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

Just wire it in parallel with the boot lamp.

#17 jwb_moto

jwb_moto

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Local Club: PMOC

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:38 AM

is there anyway you could wire a resistor inline to reduce the brightness of the bulb? or is this likely to blow the bulb quicker?

#18 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:43 AM

No that'll be fine but the idea of a tell-tale is that it's bright and easy to see.

#19 998dave

998dave

998cc's Of Dave Goodness

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • Name: Dave

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

Why not add another fog lamp rocker switch to the fog lamp switch panel to the right as you drive, use the reverse circuit to feed switching power to a relay, and feed the earth through the rocker switch, then take seperate 12v power from the fusebox, through an inline fuse and to the light.

Similar to how you wire up front spots, but switched by the reverse circuit and tell-tale rocker switch rather then the headlamps and switch.

Dave

#20 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

Why not add another fog lamp rocker switch to the fog lamp switch panel to the right as you drive, use the reverse circuit to feed switching power to a relay, and feed the earth through the rocker switch, then take seperate 12v power from the fusebox, through an inline fuse and to the light.

Similar to how you wire up front spots, but switched by the reverse circuit and tell-tale rocker switch rather then the headlamps and switch.

Dave

you have a point, but i was also going to replace my fog light switch aswell.
i actually dont find that tell tale light to be in a very good place, since i would never look down there while driving, which makes it kind of pointless.

Thanks Dan, uve been a great help with this :shy:

Chris

#21 Van Man

Van Man

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

Lets see some pics of these lights installed. I don't think I've seen one on a van before!

#22 MiniMonty

MiniMonty

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Bodge Speed Racing

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

Saw a fairly late car at the Himley Hall show today with one on the boot wired as the reverse lamp.
Looked a bit odd on such a "modern" car but the owner had it wired as a reverse lamp (I saw it come on
as he negotiated his way out of the car park) and his factory fit reverse lights did not come on.

I thought this was illegal - but are we sure ?

As there is no requirement for reverse lights for the MOT, is there any other legislation about what you may or
may not fit as a reversing lamp ?

I've got one on my boot just because I think it looks a treat. But it's not wired.
But if I find out it's legal as a reversing lamp I'll go for MK1 rear lights and wire it up !

Best wishes
Monty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users