3 replies to this topic

#1 cardboard

cardboard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

i have spent the last year putting together a mini with a 1275 metro turbo engine. i am having problems getting the engine running smoothly and ideas and suggestions as to what i should change or add and how to solve the problem

thanks

#2 Turbo Phil

Turbo Phil

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Local Club: Cumbria Classic Mini Club

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:49 PM

Could be a million and one things really.
Is the timing set correctly ? Good spark ? leads, plugs, dizzy cap, coil, rotor arm all in good condition ? If so could be a suspect ignition module.
Does it miss under normal driving ? or only under boost ? If only under boost, is the fuel pressure set correctly, and is it rising with boost ? also check the balance pipe on the carb isn't split {the one that goes from the side of the carb to the front/manifold face}.
Give us a bit more information and we may be able to help a little more.

Phil. :gimme:

#3 turbominihaha

turbominihaha

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

when first put mine in the car i somehow got the pipes on the pressure reg mixed up this will cause normal running till it boosts then it'll fart and bang and all sorts

#4 cardboard

cardboard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:20 PM

ive had a timing light on it and all seems to be good, there is a good spark from all plugs, the advance works, the dizzy is good and so are the points. not sure about the fuel pressure how do i see what the pressure is?? all i have is a screw which i can adjust?

it ticks over but not comfortably, but it doesnt backfire till higher in the rev range, driving it as it is is a pile of rubbish presumably becasue of the problem which i cant find

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users