7 replies to this topic

#1 woody78

woody78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

Has been ages since Ive put up any photos of my mini on here and now that im nearly done with my rebuild I thought I would put up pics from start to finish.

My mini started out as a Mini Advantage which I had as my first car on the road and I drove it round for a year until it ran out of mot. I then decided to fit a bigger engine and get it painted. But once I started stripping it I found a few horrors. So I ended up fitting a whole new front end and repairing the floors.
As I had done all of this I decided to keep it off the road for longer than originally planned and to do the whole thing properly rather than rush it.

I bought a mg metro of which I used the engine and brakes and the engine is now a 1293, fast road cam, ported big valve head and about 10:1 compression and also fitted a centre main strap to allow for the higher revs and a turbo clutch to put the power through.
Ive got a 2inch straight through exhaust to fit with a play mini back box to give a nice grumble
I found a 6 point bolt in safety devices cage and got some recaros from a rs turbo fiesta.
The mini has now been de-bumpered front and back and also had a load of holes repaired than I found behind the scuttle panel.

On sunday I got it back from paint where it had a bare metal respray and is now dark silver with a black roof. Ive also had group 5 arches fitted and its sitting on a nice set of satin black ultralight extremes!

Next step is to put the loom back in and get the engine in. Im sending the rollcage off to be painted the same colour as the car so should get that back in about a week.

Im hoping to have it done for the london 2 brighton but that deadlines getting close now so we shall see!

Anyway ill post some pics and would love to know what you think! Ill post more pics when Ive got a bit further with it!

Tom

Attached Files

#2 mini rizzler U.K.

mini rizzler U.K.

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Local Club: R.S.C.M.O.C.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

looking great. I like the colour that you have chosen >_<

#3 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:51 PM

Nice job ..............well done................. >_<

#4 woody78

woody78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

Cheers for the comments. Yeh Im glad I went for that colour, its BMW dolphin grey. The pics dont really do it justice, looks much nicer in real life!

Got a load of bits done today. Put in all the sound proofing and started laying the carpets. Also covered the rear seats in black cloth as Ive got rid of the bench to make room for harnesses.
I shot blasted a load of brackets and bits today over at my old work ready for painting so they'll look a bit nicer!
Also got the wiring loom back in and tidied it all up. Managed to find a replacement fuse box that takes bladed fuses rather than the old type and it goes straight into the old holes!

Will get some more pics up over the weekend hopeefully!

#5 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

just seen this. lovely car!

#6 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Like the dolphin grey combo

#7 jt19

jt19

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Another metro dies for a mini lol.

Nice mini mate. :)

#8 woody78

woody78

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

This one didn't die you'll be happy to hear :-) I sold it on eBay after I had what I wanted from it and someone re-shelled their rotten metro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users