#1 marco.h

marco.h

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Local Club: Not got joined yet....

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:35 PM

I'm most probably going to get a 1380 short engine this weekend, due to the fact my 1275 SPi has pretty much had it.

I was just wondering whether i'd get away with using the existing ECU and Injection system (all standard MEMS) and how would the car run like this, i'd be using a Kent 286 cam with the 1380 and a Stage 3 head.

Or would it be better to get shot of all the injection and go for a Carb/carbs, either Twin Su or HS6's or something or a nice Weber 45..

What would i need to convert the car to run a carb?

I have been told i'd need a mechanical fuel pump, and possibly some sort of relay in place for the ECU however i am not sure of this?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated due to wanting to get my car going again asap.

cheers

Edited by marco.h, 30 April 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

the 286 cam wont work with the standard ECU. You can run carbs if you want, but you have to consider the emissions limits for the age of the car/ engine. If you can prove to the MOT tester the age of the engine is older than 1991 you wont have a problem with the emissions

#3 marco.h

marco.h

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Local Club: Not got joined yet....

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

the 286 cam wont work with the standard ECU. You can run carbs if you want, but you have to consider the emissions limits for the age of the car/ engine. If you can prove to the MOT tester the age of the engine is older than 1991 you wont have a problem with the emissions

Ok cheers, so what would i need to convert it to carb, (obviously a carb and inlet manifold)

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users