Photo

How Do I Fit Some 6.5" Sepakers To This Parcel Shelf?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Type Subwoofer Subwoofer
Speaker Size 12" (323mm) 15" (392mm)
RMS Power 1000 w 1200 w
Peak Power 3000 w 3600 w
Minimum Input 500 w RMS 600 w RMS
Sensitivity 89 db 90 db
Freq. Response 20 - 500 hz 20 - 500 hz
Impedance 4 Ohm 4 Ohm
Mounting Depth 170mm 190mm
Mounting Diameter 285mm 350mm
X-Max 14mm 13mm
Voice coil 2.5" aluminium 4 layer 2.5" aluminium 4 layer
Magnet material Ferrite Ferrite
Magnet weight 120 Oz 150 Oz
Magnet size 156 x 25mm dual stack 170 x 25 mm dual stack
Magnet rating Y25 Y25
Recommended Amplifiers SpaceBox Bass 1 SpaceBox Bass 1

1000watts RMS is pretty impressive, 1200 is very impressive, but your going too need a pretty impressive amp to power it, it sais a minimum of 500/600 watt rms just to power it.

Im no expert in this I have a decent understanding of this but nothing compared to some people. See if Roofless comes along, from what I understand he either owns or works at an ICE shop and is a VIBE dealer. He'll be pretty good at directing you in the right direction.

Oh and with all that power you will need a decent alternator and a big fat battery. Decent wiring etc etc.

Again do more reading up on ICE forums etc and then decide what you realy want. Once you do this type of sub enclosure it may be difficult to return the mini to how it once was, this is a pretty permenant modification.

If your realy going to go for a hooooooge sound system maybe try a different car, the acoustics in mini's are pretty terrible and improving it with alot of sound proofing can be very expensive. A more modern hatchback will give you a much better sound.

Once you have all of the sub setup sorted you are going to need to get some components to compliment the system and with that much power in the sub you will need some good quality components on your side.

Ben

#47 Calman

Calman

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

really appreciated mate il do my homework!!! lol THANK YOU !!!

#48 dm91dm

dm91dm

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

How about:

Posted Image

You could make something like the picture above, doesn’t involve cutting any holes in the shelf.
It might be for sale if any one is interested? Don’t think I’m going to use 6x9’s in my new install.

Forgot to say earlier, that is a very smart looking shelf.

Ben

It’s a bit different and looks good when fitted. It’s well made and isn't that heavy so won't weigh the mini down. Can't decide to use it or not. I've got two 8" subs and components in the front and 6.5" in the shelf. I’ve never had 6x9’s and don’t think that they will suit my install? Thinking of selling them and using the money to buy speakers for the door pods I have. Any advice, anyone have 6x9 on the rear shelf?

What do you think the shelf would be worth?

Posted Image

#49 dm91dm

dm91dm

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Any opinions on 6x9s in the rear shelf, an advantage over 6.5"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users