5 replies to this topic

#1 edi57

edi57

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

I'm thinking that I may have to replace the water temp sender under the inlet manifold on our Spi Equinox.

Is this. the right item? If so, does anyone know of a cheaper supplier?

Ed

#2 1275 sprint

1275 sprint

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Local Club: milton keynes

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

Hi there, yep thats the one but make sure the wiring to the plug is ok as i had this problem and it turned out to be a faulty plug, broken wire inside the connector

#3 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Local Club: none at the moment

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

I had a problem with this on my old spi.The car just wouldn't start from cold.I got one localy for about 15 quid.I also changed it really quickly by putting the car on some ramps and using a couple of long extensions.Saved taking the inlet manifold off.
If you need one and dont want to pay 40 quid i could always try the place i got mine from

#4 datsun100a

datsun100a

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: www.mini-chat.co.uk

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

Try to test it first, i thought mine was faulty and £35 quid later it was still not running correctly. You should be able to check the voltage drop from 5v towards 0v as the car warms up but you will need to clip into the correct wire to do this.

#5 edi57

edi57

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

Try to test it first, i thought mine was faulty and £35 quid later it was still not running correctly. You should be able to check the voltage drop from 5v towards 0v as the car warms up but you will need to clip into the correct wire to do this.

Did you clip your Multimeter to the contacts on the bottom of the temp sensor then? Or did you get a feed from elsewhere?

Ed

#6 datsun100a

datsun100a

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: www.mini-chat.co.uk

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

Did you clip your Multimeter to the contacts on the bottom of the temp sensor then? Or did you get a feed from elsewhere?

Ed

to be honest didn't know enough at the time to test the mini, tried it on another car(fiesta) and was able to see the voltage drop off as the car warmed up. A scope is much better as it sort of takes a picture and is better for other sensors on the car. if you have a look at the guides in the injection system they are pretty good, sprocket knows his stuff on these systems and has put a lot of good info up there. I would check vac lines etc before i start spending any money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users