2 replies to this topic

#1 1275john

1275john

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

hi pps my friend has an mpi mini she has fitted a new exhaust (standard down pipe de cat rc40 bk box k&n element ) and now the car wont go above 50mph
i had an mpi and i found my reluctor ring moved on my flywheel causing the timming to be out slightly thus effecting top speed and overall driveability

any sujestions as to what could be effecting it, its done 70ish k and service history is good and up to date .

thanks pps

#2 coopertrooper2001

coopertrooper2001

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:42 PM

What bore is the RC40? Standard at 1.75" or a mahoosive one?

When I was young and naive I fitted a centre exit DTM to my MPi and it wouldnt run properly at all. I then fitted a standard bore RC40 and its run great ever since.

Check for serious airleaks after fitting down pipe. Are all wires clean of hot manifold? Is the Lambda sensor connected properly?

#3 1275john

1275john

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

What bore is the RC40? Standard at 1.75" or a mahoosive one?

When I was young and naive I fitted a centre exit DTM to my MPi and it wouldnt run properly at all. I then fitted a standard bore RC40 and its run great ever since.

Check for serious airleaks after fitting down pipe. Are all wires clean of hot manifold? Is the Lambda sensor connected properly?

i belive its 1.75" i will ave to check for ait leaks my mpi had major air leak that played havoc with the lambda reading when mot came around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users