#226 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

has anyone brought an engine from morespeed in the last 6months as i was looking to buy one from there i was wondering if the reputation is changing at all

Currently having one built by Simon which i believe his just finished and i've got a 1380 block fully refurbed with crank and pistons sitting in his kitchen that i'm picking up next time i'm passing. Although he is doing them both for me as a mate :thumbsup:

He also does the engines for a few mighty mini race teams which have never failed to finish due to engine failure.

To be honest I find it astonishing that after declaring bankruptcy he can just close his old business and then have the money to open a whole new one.

Where have you heard he has declared bankruptcy? Its news to me :thumbsup:

Or is this another attempt to start up the bandwagon on this thread again! :withstupid:

Edited by Darkscamp, 08 April 2011 - 07:02 AM.

#227 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Fair enough let me retract that and ask a question instead.

Simon currenty owes a lot of money to at least one person confirmed (almost certainly a lot more). He has not paid this money back claiming he cannot afford to however he still has the equipment to make you a new engine?

I would have thought that selling off his assets try and settle his debts would have been his first priority?

Is Simon still trading and selling mini engines. If so if he trading under his old company name or does he has a new one?

#228 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Fair enough let me retract that and ask a question instead.

Simon currenty owes a lot of money to at least one person confirmed (almost certainly a lot more). He has not paid this money back claiming he cannot afford to however he still has the equipment to make you a new engine?

I would have thought that selling off his assets try and settle his debts would have been his first priority?

Is Simon still trading and selling mini engines. If so if he trading under his old company name or does he has a new one?

Firstly your assuming he is using his own equipment and doing more than just building the engine. As he currently has no business premises, it might be a little difficult to store and use the equipment your on about. I can build an engine on the floor in my garage, i just choose to let an expert do it.

Secondly the confirmed is another story, to which there is more going on than most people 'who think they know everything' actually know.

Lastly your final question is not for me to answer. He's doing it for me as a mate so technically its not trading before you restart your hate campaign.

I love the fact that several people on here started a campaign to seriously damage Simons life and business, yet complain about the fact he cant afford to pay anything.

Maybe you've got a family who's flush with money but in our world Without work there is no money :thumbsup:

:)

#229 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

i know that everyone has their opinions of morspeed but i had a morspeed 1330 engine in my last mini and it was faultless, considering that it wasnt a massive spec it still acheived 93lbs/ft of torque @ just over 3000rpm (mspd P3 trackday camshaft), i had no issues whatsoever with either the engine nor the service.......just thought that i would put my input in....... :P

#230 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts
  • Local Club: Loan wolf

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

Am I right in thinking Chris Smart at Smart Performance in Tamworth, South Staffordshire is from the same stable as Morspeed?

#231 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

i think so, im sure he told us he done an apprenticeship of sorts there.

#232 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

Interesting, so presumably that's where the same standards come from. The apple no falling far from the tree and all that.

#233 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Interesting, so presumably that's where the same standards come from. The apple no falling far from the tree and all that.

to be honest, ive had work done by him only tuning on the rollers but he was top notch, the car has never run the way it is now.
that said ive heard not good thinks (being diplomatic) about he engine builds, in fact a lad in our club had an engine go kaput after only a few miles, but he did get a fresh engine and a part refund.

#234 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

to be honest, ive had work done by him only tuning on the rollers but he was top notch, the car has never run the way it is now.
that said ive heard not good thinks (being diplomatic) about he engine builds, in fact a lad in our club had an engine go kaput after only a few miles, but he did get a fresh engine and a part refund.

Really? Are they a mini forum memeber?

#235 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

ok, this should really be in the Smart Performance thread shouldn't it, as its not really to do with the company Morspeed.

Or is it another attempt at starting up the bandwagon

#236 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

ok, this should really be in the Smart Performance thread shouldn't it, as its not really to do with the company Morspeed.

I agree with this, although Chris is an ex-morspeed employee he has no(to the very best of my knowledge) connection with morspeed). Its in the interests of all concerned not to get the two companies confused.

#237 HUBBA.HUBBA

HUBBA.HUBBA

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

I agree with this, although Chris is an ex-morspeed employee he has no(to the very best of my knowledge) connection with morspeed). Its in the interests of all concerned not to get the two companies confused.

Say no more. Just an opinion,that's all. Putting 2 and 2 together. Cheers.

Edited by HUBBA.HUBBA, 15 May 2011 - 07:11 PM.

#238 paul1234

paul1234

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hello Darkscamp.
Could ask Simon for me if he found my cylinder heads for a 2.8i capri.I saw him about 2 months ago and he took my modile number as he was going to have a look for them.Can you ask him to ring me as he said he would.
Thamks Paul.

#239 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

Message forwarded matey

#240 paul1234

paul1234