#31 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

James, I've edited my post, I don't think anyone can complain at the new text.

#32 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:20 PM

Thanks Prawn.

#33 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

These people dont even no you so how can they sue you :(
A soliciter wont send you a pm thrue a forum, its gotta be someone trying to get at you and everyone else on this forum, so we all shut up.

#34 Broomer

Broomer

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

As Manspider once said " That's it, I'm telling!, I'm getting you done!"

Yawwn....

Edited by Broomer, 15 May 2009 - 10:24 PM.

#35 shnevpayne

shnevpayne

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Local Club: Minisunlimited

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

Yawwn....

Indeed!

#36 mspd_ant

mspd_ant

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

This thread is ridiculous. Simon has only got his solicitors involved because we are absolubtly fed up of coming on this forum and seeing people writng slanderous comments and blatant lies about our company.

YES we make mistakes NO were not perfect. YES sometimes we are late with delivery but YES the quality is exeptional.

I initialy joined this forum because of my love for the classic mini, not because of my job or to defend morspeed, so i try not to comment or get involved in such disscusions, but this is getting out of hand. And i think the administrators on this forum are disgraceful, they are supposed to be here to offer help not biased opinions.

What annoys me most is when somebody asks for genuine advice regarding an engine build that includes one of our products and the next guy puts 'wait read this' and puts a link to the ollie lewis thread which not only has nothing to do with the original question but also features alot of unproven and in my opinion unfair an untrue accusations.

Also the guy yesterday posts a thread because hes worried he may not get his cylinder head in time, fine. But then all he gets is crap from people who wouldnt trust us because his mates aunties neighbours dog had a head off us and it was a week late. Half the people that have the most to say have never had any experiance with morspeed!!! Oh and when his head DOES turn up in time, does he come on the forum and explain? Apologise maybe? NO Simon has to. Nobody wants to hear of a job well done, thats just boring.

And finally Prawn, as far as i know you have never bought anything from morspeed yet you are first to give your two cents!! Its obvious you have a personal vendetta against simon and morspeed and you cant wait to say how bad we are all over this forum. All i can say is the one time you actually came face to face with me and simon you was rather quiet. Your a big man with a big mouth when hiding behind ur computer.

Done

Ant

#37 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

Well all i can say is the only dealing i've had with morspeed so far has been great.

Granted they have just been to purchase a cam kit and its all been done via PM between me and ant here; but still, all i've received so far is good service and advice and all my emails have been answered swiftly.

I have full confidence that my cam kit will arrive on time and will be to the standard i expect.

:(

#38 mspd_ant

mspd_ant

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

Well all i can say is the only dealing i've had with morspeed so far has been great.

Granted they have just been to purchase a cam kit and its all been done via PM between me and ant here; but still, all i've received so far is good service and advice and all my emails have been answered swiftly.

I have full confidence that my cam kit will arrive on time and will be to the standard i expect.

:(

Thank you for that Mike. Your cam kit should be with you at the beginning of next week. Had to order your Vernier in. And you will get an invoice/rsceipt with your delivery by the way.

#39 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

The Brains Behind TMF's Secret Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

On a technicality, for those thinking they're anonymous here on the internet, they're not.

An IP trace can easily link back to your ISP who, under certain conditions, will supply your contact details to the party enquiring.

Beware.

#40 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

I initialy joined this forum because of my love for the classic mini, not because of my job or to defend morspeed, so i try not to comment or get involved in such disscusions, but this is getting out of hand. And i think the administrators on this forum are disgraceful, they are supposed to be here to offer help not biased opinions.

To be fair, the only comments to come from TMF administrators so far on this topic have been my own, and I have not commented on anything to do with Morspeed.

What annoys me most is when somebody asks for genuine advice regarding an engine build that includes one of our products and the next guy puts 'wait read this' and puts a link to the ollie lewis thread which not only has nothing to do with the original question but also features alot of unproven and in my opinion unfair an untrue accusations.

It's not just the topic about Oli's engine though. Yes, there are many 'negative' topics about Morspeed, but do you seriously think there is some sort of grand vendetta being played out on TMF? Try and find as many negative topics about Bill Richards, MED, Calver, Paul Inch, etc. Yes, when something goes wrong people tend to shout about it more, so you tend to hear about the negatives more than the positives, but in comparison with other well known and established engine builders I have to say others have a much much better reputation, even after disregarding the Oli topic. In fact Morspeed have practically admitted the problems with on time delivery and quality because they used to (still might have) have a pop-up that appeared when you went on their website apologising for the problems they "used to" experience and that things were being put right.

Also the guy yesterday posts a thread because hes worried he may not get his cylinder head in time, fine. But then all he gets is crap from people who wouldnt trust us because his mates aunties neighbours dog had a head off us and it was a week late. Half the people that have the most to say have never had any experiance with morspeed!!! Oh and when his head DOES turn up in time, does he come on the forum and explain? Apologise maybe? NO Simon has to. Nobody wants to hear of a job well done, thats just boring.

Again, to be fair the topic starter wasn't given a chance to come back and explain that he'd got his head on time, we'd received a PM instructing us to remove the topic or face legal action before he had a chance!

#41 jwb_moto

jwb_moto

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Local Club: PMOC

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

said whilst swinging his handbag.

A week late? hmmmm..... it took my mate at work 8 months to get a head from MSPD (when he was told 6 weeks). you cant seriously say thatS within reasonable time? the quality of the head was very good but i wouldnt wait 8 months for one that imo is ridiculus.

People dont mind waiting for parts if they get them when theyve been told they will get them as all good engine builders/tuners are always busy (or if theyre as good as they claim they should be busy).

No matter what trade your in or what you do, your never rembered for the good things you do but only the bad. Its how you overcome the bad things that helps to build a picture of a good business or bad business thus creating YOUR reputation.

Ive heard of problems with your sister company (the one SM talks of above) aswell where people have won heads on ebay and becasue they didnt reach as much as the seller hoped for they told them they couldnt have it.

#42 Prawn

Prawn

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

And finally Prawn, as far as i know you have never bought anything from morspeed yet you are first to give your two cents!! Its obvious you have a personal vendetta against simon and morspeed and you cant wait to say how bad we are all over this forum. All i can say is the one time you actually came face to face with me and simon you was rather quiet.

At least do Oil the justice of spelling his name right, it was Oli, or Oliver.

Check your records, I have indeed bought things from Morspeed in the past, and at one time even considered myself a morspeed fan, and gave recommendations for them on this and many other mini forums.

Every single fact stated in the thread about Oli's mini can be proved 100%, just try me.

I was indeed quite when I came up to morspeed, we had come to collect an engine that your company had failled to deliver after 9 months of empty promises, so I wasn't about to cause a scene.. We just wanted the engine. Of course, as you know, it didn't turn out to be the engine that Oli paid for afterall, So I guess I may as well have said my piece then. Shame I didnt.

#43 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

When the engine machinist i used was late doing my engine, when I went to collect the parts he had built the block up for me................. for free and then balanced my flywheel assembly for £15......

Is all about how you make good on the bad points as said above.

No one is out to ruin a company on TMF, more to advise others of the problems they have endured or are enduring. It is the way of the world that word of mouth can both make or break a company.

But IMHO, threatening every Tom, *willy* and Harry that has experience that wasn't good isn't doing your image much good. So may i suggest you make good on the bad times and then people will see the effort and customer service.

"The customer is always right, please them and they will come back" :(

#44 mspd_ant

mspd_ant

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Jammy i was talking about jordie, administrator moderator, whatever he should know better. Although im sure that thread has been deleted.

Also you cant just disregard the Oli topic, its too big, its been pinned, its been there for ages, it still gets read, still gets comments and it still has the desired effect. In the financial crisis the world is in its incredibly immoral of some people (mentioning no names for obvious reasons) to try and destroy a relatively small company for their own personal financial benefit. Dont get me wrong, were as busy as ever but when you see a company like longmans go bust its a scary time.

And as far as the guy with the head, i didnt mean to single him out, he seems like a nice guy, i was just trying to get my point accross that good news doesnt get as much publicity and thats a shame. And i dnt just mean for morspeed, if somebodys done you a good job, let em know, let everybody know, thats what a forums about guys.

JWB, Your mate eh?? Just proving my point. And Smart Performance or whatever he is called is not our sister company or anything to do with us he just buys bits off us.

#45 shnevpayne

shnevpayne

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Local Club: Minisunlimited

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

"The customer is always right, please them and they will come back" :(

Agreed
Make the Customer happy even on a bad day. Every company has a abd day, even the good ones, I mean Look at tescos, Huge International company now, and yet the one in Minehead (where I Live) had a really bad day once when the sewerage spilled out kinda everywhere! The apologised for the inconvenience to all the locals (as it was closed for 1 week to clean up) and gave everyone local to it free vouchers and suchlike to say sorry please come back We like our money!

I know that if you are good or bad at what you do then word spreads about it, and people soon catch on, the point is to prove how good you are to show the bad time(s) were back then and were a one off or just bad times of mistakes. The only way is up, make the customer happy and your always climbing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users