15 replies to this topic

#1 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:18 PM

Thought i'd introduce myself as first of all we are looking for a mini as a town and fun car which will later become my project car (motorbike engined) and secondly as i met some of you guys at the ring last friday afternoon when i was there in my 911 with the wife and kids

Here are my other rides:

Posted Image

Posted Image
This one is actually mrs pigs!

Nice to meet you guys over there!

Cheers
Paul

edited to say my 1st car was a 1978 S mini 1000 in vermillion and i have always had a soft spot for the classic mini - cant wait to get another and relive my youth!

#2 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:34 PM

Hey Paul!

Welcome to TMF; nice motors, and it was good to meet you at the 'Ring!

It would be cool if you could get a Mini and come along with us next year, its going to be bigger and better! :grin:

Tom

#3 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:36 PM

welcome to the site! glad to see you've come to your senses and are going to buy a good old british motor to accomany your foreign motors!

#4 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:36 PM

:rolleyes:

#5 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:38 PM

Hi PiG

Well as an ex scooby owner and soon to be (when I finally get it finished) bike engined mini owner I just thought I'd say hello :grin:

I'm sooooooo gutted not to have made it to the ring!! I really wanted to but unfortunatley with my mini not finished it wasn't really a goer! :nugget:

If you want any hints or tips about bike engined mini's there are a few threads in the project section that should get you of in the right direction. :grin:

#6 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:40 PM

welcome to the site! glad to see you've come to your senses and are going to buy a good old british motor to accomany your foreign motors!

hehe!

#7 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:40 PM

must admit that your post did confirm my theory.....

Subaru's a ladies shopping cars!

seriously, every one I've seen is being driven by a vertically challenged female!

not to say I wouldn't like one for my missus though, I'd "borrow" it for the weekend and find a nice field somewhere!!

#8 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:45 PM

Hi PiG

Well as an ex scooby owner and soon to be (when I finally get it finished) bike engined mini owner I just thought I'd say hello :grin:

I'm sooooooo gutted not to have made it to the ring!! I really wanted to but unfortunatley with my mini not finished it wasn't really a goer! :nugget:

If you want any hints or tips about bike engined mini's there are a few threads in the project section that should get you of in the right direction. :grin:

Hi Ade

I have had a look through some of those threads and they are a bit scary in places!

The project will be kicking off in the next couple of years once i have saved up enough money and not before [I'm told] mrs pig has got her horse! Apparently i have spent more than my fair share on cars already :rolleyes:

I am really excited about the thing though

Cheers
Paul

#9 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:50 PM

Lol :rolleyes: She may have a point though looking at your current selection of cars :cry: :grin:

Yeah they are a bit of a good game to build but nothing can prepare you for the grin factor of a mini revving it's heart out at 12000rpm!!! :grin: Especially with sequential gears mmmmmmmm

#10 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

Lol :rolleyes: She may have a point though looking at your current selection of cars :cry: :grin:

Yeah they are a bit of a good game to build but nothing can prepare you for the grin factor of a mini revving it's heart out at 12000rpm!!! :grin: Especially with sequential gears mmmmmmmm

possibly, but 1 horse costs more to run than the 570 in those two!

cant wait to try a bike engined mini - testdrove a hyabusa engined westfield a few years back and that was savaged - loved the high revving and sequential box - thats where the idea stemmed from - a combo of this and reliving my first car thing

#11 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:08 PM

possibly, but 1 horse costs more to run than the 570 in those two!

cant wait to try a bike engined mini - testdrove a hyabusa engined westfield a few years back and that was savaged - loved the high revving and sequential box - thats where the idea stemmed from - a combo of this and reliving my first car thing

#12 PiG

PiG

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

sorry for the double post - cant find where to delete it?

#13 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:10 PM

Hello and welcome to TheMiniForum

Enjoy the site :cool:

#14 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

hey pig, think i remember talkin to ya after i had finished a run round the ring!!

twas a niiiice motor u have!!

welcome to the forum!!

Rich

#15 BabyBek

BabyBek

I love sheepies

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Local Club: TMF and South Wales Minis

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:06 PM

Hi there and welcome......

Sounds like u guys had fun over there....

Enjoy the site :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users