1 reply to this topic

#1 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

As I was buying my lunch yesterday, I noticed a promotion. Now I dont think i am the type of person who falls for promotions but i decided to check it out anyway.

It was for their car insurance. Buy there car insurance and get a free pressure washer worth £100 (yeah i am sure it is...)
I thought it wouldnt hurt to get a quote from them so i checked it out today.

I am 28, drive a Audi A8 4.2 V8 an am insured on Hannas mini also.
I have 2 years no claims on my mini (the mini is the car i am looing to insure) as the rest of my no claims is tied up in the Audi.
I have had no accidents or convictions.
I do have 3 points but they didnt even get to the stage to ask me about that actually, they just quoted before it...?!
The mini will have an alarm and is garaged over night and on limited miles.
The value of the car is at £2000

£1255.80! Are they kidding?!
I think i will stick with my admral £125 and they can stick their pressure washer!

The Audi is with Admiral as well. Dont dare say muti car ploicy to me, because its more expensive than insuring them seperatly!

I thnk they just pluck figures out the air sometimes. I have had quotes change on day to day quotes for the same car. I am only a day older. dont know why that made such a difference in those cases....!

#2 BGB

BGB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Local Club: East Lothian Mini Owners Club

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

I ensure all my cars separately too, its way cheaper.

Im sure insurance companies computers is just a big tombolla with tickets with numbers between 100 and 10,000 in it and they get a wee old man to shove his hand in an get that number and fire it up on the screen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users