#1 Mininman_Aid

Mininman_Aid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hi all, I've been working on a guy I know through work's Mini with a tubular subframe, but we might have a couple of issues/ need some advice... but I just wanted to make sure this was a Z Cars subframe first!
Posted Image

Cheers all

Aid

#2 ad53ggz

ad53ggz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hi all, I've been working on a guy I know through work's Mini with a tubular subframe, but we might have a couple of issues/ need some advice... but I just wanted to make sure this was a Z Cars subframe first!
Posted Image

Cheers all

Aid

yep deffinetly looks like it

#3 Mininman_Aid

Mininman_Aid

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

Ok, well since its been fitted its been pulling to the left. All the rest of the running gear is exactly the same as when it was running a subframe, but as soon as it was put on its wheels after having this fitted its been a pigdog!

I looked a bit closer and noticed that either the wishbone mounting is welded on slightly out of alignment or the chassis leg coming up from the main chassis rail is welded on nearly 1/2" different to the other side...

Is this likely to be causing the problem? If so, is there a way of adjusting the issue out through the suspension set-up??

Thanks again!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

Ok, well since its been fitted its been pulling to the left. All the rest of the running gear is exactly the same as when it was running a subframe, but as soon as it was put on its wheels after having this fitted its been a pigdog!

I looked a bit closer and noticed that either the wishbone mounting is welded on slightly out of alignment or the chassis leg coming up from the main chassis rail is welded on nearly 1/2" different to the other side...

Is this likely to be causing the problem? If so, is there a way of adjusting the issue out through the suspension set-up??

Thanks again!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

you will need to set the car up correctly after you fit the frame
the best way is to find the centre line of the car both at the front and at the rear then clamp two pieces of wood or steel along the front and rear bumper area which are longer than the width of the car by about 18 inches each side
you can then measure out from the centre line of the car 1 metre on each side front and rear
by pulling a piece of string tightly between the front and rear bars on each side and using the marks you have made you can then check wheel alignment front to rear left to rignh etc
theres more than enough adjustment between the rose joints being screwed fully in to allow for any adustments you want to make
if you get stuck then call me and i will help
chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users