Super-Luce

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local Club: www.celticminis.co.uk

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

Hey All, >_<

As some of you know I have been volunteering with the Sparkle Appeal in Newport for A few weeks now and they have come up with the Idea of a Classic Mini and New MINI Treasure Hunt, with the sponsorship of the Newport MINI dealership.
http://www.sytnernew...acy_policy.html
Which I am helping to Organise.

The Sparkle appeal raises money for disabled children within Newport and the surrounding areas, providing help and support for parents and fun for the children.
http://www.sparkleappeal.org/

Currently we are guaging interest for this event, so if you are interested please let me know :thumbsup:
The entry fee is £10 per car (with your passenger free of charge) with ALL profits going towards the Sparkle Appeal.

For your £10 you get entry into the Treasure Hunt with the chance of winning the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes (to be confirmed as soon as we have sorted these)
Also we will be having a number of other competitions such as:
- Guess how many balls in the mini
- Guess the Treasure Hunt Milage
- Mini Push

We will also arrange a Show and Shine for those who want to enter with a prize for the best Classic Minis and a Prize for the best new MINI.

The Treasure Hunt will take Place on Sunday 27th September (meeting place still to be confirmed) at around 10am, with the finishing time being 1 o'clock and ending at Tredegar Park Car park where "Its a knock out" will be taking place.
This is where the competitions and Shonw & Shine will then take place.

It will be an all day event and should be really good :P
So remember to bring your Pennies :P

We are looking for around 250 Classic and New Minis to be able to raise the desired amount for the children who are part of the Sparkle Appeal.

This event is not just open to clubs so please if you know any other Mini enthusiasts please let them know :P

If you need any further information please email me on [email protected]

We are in the process of finalising some details and getting a poster and flyers designed so will post them as soon as they are done.
Entry forms can be emailed or posted to interested parties so please email for more information :)

Thanks for reading Guys, Hope to see you there :thumbsup:

#2 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:03 PM

I myself have direct dealings on a daily basis with a childs disability and fully support your efforts here,keep up the good work,if there is anything that the TMF team can do just let me know via a PM!!

#3 Super-Luce

Super-Luce

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

Aw thanks lovely :thumbsup:

Just your support in brining some Minis to the event would be awesome >_<

#4 Super-Luce

Super-Luce

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

Its lovely to see some interest :thumbsup:

In a few days time we will have admission forms so i will then get them uploaded to the website we are putting together :(

You will then need to print them off and send them to Sparkle with payment to receive your confirmation letter, This then gets redeemed for a window sticker on the day complete with the questions and route :D

#5 Kimberley x

Kimberley x

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Local Club: Small 'n' Mighty Minis

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:47 AM

This sounds like a fantastic idea. I have no idea where Newport is but I'm guessing it's too far away for me to join in but I hope you get lots of interest and raise plenty of money!

Kimberley x

#6 Super-Luce

Super-Luce

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

Hiya Lovely :D
Thank you so much for your comments :D

If anyone is interested in travelling down I can provide detials for the nearby Holiday Inn to stay in for the night before.

Satnavs would deinfatly be required if you are not farmiliar with the area as we will be providing these withing the Treasure Hunt :)

#7 Super-Luce

Super-Luce

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

We also have a facebook event set up :D
So please RSVP :D
And also Invite all your friends who might be interested :)

http://www.facebook....id=118754103688

#8 Super-Luce

Super-Luce

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

Hey Everyone :D
Me Again :P

We have finalised Meeting Times and places now and they are as follows

September 27th 2009
9am Meet @ Magor Services (to leave by 9:30am)
9:30am Convoy down to Newport MINI Dealership (Sytner Newport MINI)
10:30 am Treasure Hunt Starts

Our Entry Forums are being finalised with the relevant Information and the Website should take a few more weeks.
Once we have them ready we can send them to those interested.

You will need to send this form back to us with payment and you will then recieve a Confirmation letter
which you will then need to bring with you to Magor to redeem for an entry window sticker and Hunt Clues.

The entry fee for the Event is £10 and as mentioned previously you receive your Passenger FREE and FREE entry
into the Main "Its a Knock-Out Event" where the Treasure Hunt Ends

Those of you who do not wish to take part in the Treasure Hunt Event you will be most wecome to just meet the rest
of the Mini's & MINI's at Tredegar Park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Useful Addresses

Magor Services
M4 - Junction 23A
NP26 3YL

Sytner Newport MINI
Usk Way
The Old Town Dock
Newport
South Wales
NP20 2DS

Tredegar Park
http://maps.google.c...=...sa=N&tab=wl

#9 Super-Luce

Super-Luce

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

Hey Everyone, Another update for you :wub:

We now have the entry forms all done and confirmed so I’ve included one as an attachment along with this post for you to download and print of and send back to us.

Once we have received the form along with your choice of payment we will be sending you out a confirmation letter which you will then need to bring along to the event to redeem for your entry window plaque and hunt questions.

Also, as mentioned previously, the Hunt itself will be ending at the “It’s a Knockout” event. Where there are still places available to enter as a team. Mini Clubs are encouraged to enter.

If you have any trouble downloading any of these or would like an entry form for “It’s a Knockout” then please contact me on [email protected] titling your message “Mini Mayhem Treasure Hunt” and I will get them both emailed along to you.

If you PM me with your email address i can also send one to you that way aswell :o

Thanks for Reading Guys.
Please do spread the word as this is a very Worthy Cause.

Hope to see you all there :thumbsup:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users