Photo
- - - - -

Various Electrical Faults All Intermitent On A '92 Mayfair.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nelson92

Nelson92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

Hi all;

I've got an Automatic Mayfair 1275 1991/2 on a 'j' plate.

Since getting the car the electrics have never been good so under some advice i swapped to a blade style fuse box in March (2008)
On the way to beaulieu recently the 3rd fuse down melted into place and the rev counter and interior fan stopped working.
The Rover manual + Haynes agree that this has "12/25 amp / Heater blower / Wipers Motor / Washer Pump / Instruments." on it.

Whilst the heater blower and rev counter did die, the other dials all worked, as did my indicators and other lights on the instrument pack.
I put in a new fuse box, (blade type again) and checked my wiring. However now the indicators don't work; and nor does the rear drivers side light.
I'm obviously going to test everything and keep changing bulbs and fuses around to try trouble shoot this, but if it rings any bells or you've had
a similar problem advice is greatly welcome as it's getting a bit frustrating.

I have changed the relay for the indicators previously. so it's only a year old. The indicators sometimes work and sometimes don't.
There's no pattern to this, i thought it was in rain but i have a weather guard, and it happens in summer now aswell.
But the indicators didn't work when i got the car and have been dodgy ever since, Minispeed did manage to get them working for 6 months though.
I was advised yesterday to change all the inline fuse holders as they can make bad connections even if they look okay and have new fuses.
But I was wondering if anyone had put in a small fuse box instead of having those 4 inlines?

All advice appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users