#1 Grodecki

Grodecki

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hi all

Having a few troubles with the Mini...nothing serious which I can't live with but it's annoying me.

These have only happened on occasions when the weather is very, very hot, such as today.

The car seems to have hesitations when accelerating, will take a second or so to kick in, as it were.

It also requires a very big kick of revs when pulling away from a standstill or it will just stall, undramatically as it drops out of revs.

Temp stays just below the middle as it always has, all fluids are topped up, etc.

Any ideas what this could be?

1992 Cooper SPI with recently changed headgasket, new valves etc, though I had this problem once before any of the work was done, indicating it's something else.

Edited by Grodecki, 02 July 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#2 guesstimator

guesstimator

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hi all

Having a few troubles with the Mini...nothing serious which I can't live with but it's annoying me.

These have only happened on occasions when the weather is very, very hot, such as today.

The car seems to have hesitations when accelerating, will take a second or so to kick in, as it were.

It also requires a very big kick of revs when pulling away from a standstill or it will just stall, undramatically as it drops out of revs.

Temp stays just below the middle as it always has, all fluids are topped up, etc.

Any ideas what this could be?

1992 Cooper SPI with recently changed headgasket, new valves etc, though I had this problem once before any of the work was done, indicating it's something else.

I have exactly the same symptoms!!!! did you find out what the problem was (p.s. i live in italy and it was 35 C today!!)

#3 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

In a carb mini I'd be wondering about vapour lock, but can that affect spi's?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users