#1 FrancisB

FrancisB

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:10 AM

Hi,
I have a 1993 SPI, automatic transmission.

I drove back from work today and everything was fine, but now I want to start the car again but absolutely nothing happens. I know it,s not the battery sonce the lights work fine. When I turn the key, none of the electronic works, and I can't hear the fuel pump. I'm guessing it's a blown fuse or relay, and I'm not familiar with all those parts are located so I'd like to get some pointers, please!

Your help will be very much appreciated!

Francis

#2 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

fuses will be located in a box on the bulkhead of the engine bay..usually in the centre or slightly on the drivers side.

ignition relay (little black box) will be in the engine bay very close to the brake servo, mounted on something ( can't remember what it is) but that is also on the drivers side, if you've got a haynes manual the location of these will be in there.

hope that helps

#3 Minitrio

Minitrio

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

Engine Earth Strap!

Had exact same problem, earth strap looked a little frayed, so got a new one and my '97 MPI fired up straight away.

Hope this helps

#4 FrancisB

FrancisB

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

Thank you both for your help!
My problem is now solved. One connector on the wires going to the ignition switch had melted for some reason. I've replaced it and everything is fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users