taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

Posted Image

Well this is one of the groovy tracks heard playing in those record shop sound booths: -

It's actually 'The Pretty Things', but they went by the name of 'The Electric Banana' and played that and many other songs whilst starring in the Norman Wisdom film 'What's Good For The Goose' also in 1969.

Posted Image

And just to wet your appetites, here's the beginning of that rare 1969 film 'I Start Counting': -

;D

But yes I admit I'm very weird for liking this old stuff. But even my misses and kids love it too, so I can't be all that bad.

:-

Edited by Deathrow, 22 September 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#18 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:07 AM

Not weird at all matey. I was born in the wrong era i think :) its all about Pepper :)

#19 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:02 AM

Not weird at all matey. I was born in the wrong era i think :xxx: its all about Pepper :thumbsup:

Yes but I was born in the wrong era too as the 1960's ended when I was just 2 years of age. So I grew up listening to all that stuff (plus some 1970's bands like T-Rex and Davie Bowie too) and strongly believed I'd missed out. Which I still think today, even though it was hardly swinging here in miserable South Wales back then.

The funny thing is, my 10 year old son is growing his hair to be like his friends who are doing the same (their all little rock star wannabes). So he now looks a bit like a Beatle or Mick Jagger and last weekend we took him to have it trimmed a little.

Trouble is I wanted to grow mine a bit too (well I did have longish hair when I was ere, young), but the hairdresser told me I had no chance because I've gone too thin on top and I'd end up looking like a cockaspaniel. :dozing: :D

So I ended up having a mod like cut instead. But I may buy a wig. lol.

Although my misses claims I'm having a mid life crises, or going through a second childhood right now.

Here's another off screen shot of Jenny Agutter (from that film) that I got from a British Movie forum and she was like 17 years of age by then. So I don't think it's inappropriate is it?: -

Posted Image

:lol:

Edited by taffy1967, 14 August 2009 - 10:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users