80 replies to this topic

#76 mini_stella

mini_stella

Has A Lovely Sandy Bottom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

looks like the promise of a free nakey calender worked for ya juju!!! ha ha ha ha O_O

seriously, tis very good to hear!!! :proud:

#77 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

Miss Juju, you are an extremely naughty girl and I'm going to have to punish you severely!

I've spoken to the Surrey Police about this and they have requested that I be a witness to this punishment. They also mentioned that I should video it for future reference.

Good news about the extension though Ju! O_O

#78 Phaeton

Phaeton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

I saw a camera last night I had never seen before, I was coming out of Sheffield & there was a 'Safety Camera' van parked on the verge behind a tree on the left hand side. The rear door or window wasn't open so it looked a bit strange, as I past both the driver & passenger was reading the paper in the front seats. Happened to glance right & across the road was a black box about 18" square on the top of a 2' tripod, this was clearly the camera that they had set up & were just waiting for the results. It was about 50 yards past where it goes from 40 down to 30.

Alan...

#79 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: Rusty Nuts Minis, Leicester

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:43 PM

I think those black boxes are actually part of a semi-fixed camera- there are 3 wires permanently placed in the tarmac of the road, a certain distance apart, that sense pressure. A van turns up whenever it feels like, plugs in the black box as a camera, and hey presto no need for calibration as the wires are totally fixed in place! The most expensive part of a gatso is apparently the camera module, so they use them at a number of different sites. Fitted one in my Dads village about 10 years ago.....

#80 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

Just managed to get through to Surrey Safety Camera Partnership & spoke to a very nice lady (a REAL one!).

Explained the situation, and she's given me an extension on my notice 'til the 17th September. Just like that.

Well, got back from Germany, posted off my fine & licence on saturday. Got it back yesterday with the endorsement.

Three days turnaround. :shifty:

Why on earth don't other Government Departments achieve this level of efficiency?

Oh yes, it's because they're collecting money...... :D

#81 ad53ggz

ad53ggz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

Just managed to get through to Surrey Safety Camera Partnership & spoke to a very nice lady (a REAL one!).

Explained the situation, and she's given me an extension on my notice 'til the 17th September. Just like that.

Well, got back from Germany, posted off my fine & licence on saturday. Got it back yesterday with the endorsement.

Three days turnaround. :shifty:

Why on earth don't other Government Departments achieve this level of efficiency?

Oh yes, it's because they're collecting money...... :D

tell me about it still waiting for my v5 back!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users