#31 alowry

alowry

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:46 PM

Race report makes a fascinating read! You've certainly got your work cut out Chris. With so many major changes to the car, never mind a new aero package, it must be hard to know where to start. Sounds like there's a lot of potential in the car. Good luck getting it all ironed out!

Adam.

#32 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

im not sure about the ride height thing as far as im aware its ok to do what you want but i will check that out just in case
i know radicals have to run at 40 mm for their championship but for example my italian agent runs one at 30 mm and in prototype racing all over europe he said it made a massive difference to the car just dropping it 10 mm the aero worked loads better
ive worked a bit on the car today and ive got the "feel" back into the suspension like the old car had it will take a while but thats to be expected i guess i just cant wait till it is sorted too bloody impatient thats probably why i build racing cars though
the car will be at stafford hall kit car show over the weekend richard and one of our other guys will be there displaying it both days
im away racing the grass track car hard life !!
chris

#33 De Blerende Beetle

De Blerende Beetle

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Doesn't this Mini need a spoiler on the roof to give it more downforce? And why don't I see any race Mini's with the steeringwheel deadcentre?

Gr Sander

weight is already over the rear wheels so does not need extra down force

they never made a mini with the driver in the middle ,cars have to be based on production cars so have to be right or left hand drive

Strange that all other racecars do need a spoiler altough they have the engine in the back, such as Porsches, Formula Cars, etc and the Mini can do without. :)

And if I am correct the weightdistribution is somewhere near 40/60 ?

On my desktop I have a picture of a yellow (Z-car)Monthy which does have a rear spoiler as part of the roof/body. That is the body I like to use in the future along with the frontsplitter and a diffuser.

#34 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

we have the mould for the rear wing its bonded to the roof so can easily be fixed before painting
chris

#35 De Blerende Beetle

De Blerende Beetle

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:45 PM

Chris,

How did you fit the body from the Monty onto this 'standard' size frame...isn't the Monty 15cm longer ?

#36 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

i got the std monte carlo body and cut a section out then reglassed it back together again
you cant even tell i did it i also cut all four wheel arches off and lifted them up as well to give enough clearance for the wheels im running now and for next years rubber as well which will be a little larger
chris

#37 De Blerende Beetle

De Blerende Beetle

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

i got the std monte carlo body and cut a section out then reglassed it back together again
you cant even tell i did it i also cut all four wheel arches off and lifted them up as well to give enough clearance for the wheels im running now and for next years rubber as well which will be a little larger
chris

Indeed a nice job, I couldn't tell the difference! :)|

#38 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:10 AM

excellent work chris looks like some one as been a rather busy bee! its great to see the constant development that goes on and the need and want for better performance, out of an already good recipe!

i have enjoyed building this first one soo much i have a little feeling another one could be in the pipe line in the not so distant future depending on how the racing goes!

phil

#39 sotiris

sotiris

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

a word of caution here guys
if you spin a hayabusa powered car it can if you dont dip the clutch quick enough ty to spin the starter clutch backwards and destroy the starter
on pre 08 models this was a nuisance but not too bad just replace the starter
on 08 onwards models they changed them and i didnt have my clutch dipped when i spun so it destroyed the starter sprag clutch

chris

hi chris
can you please explain to me this problem and the solution please....... i have a 2008 model and i will run with this one my "busacar"

i do not understand the problem and when it appear? ... must I make the clutch cylinder to push deeper the clutch ????

i do not understand this expression... (because my poor English) "try to spin the starter clutch backwards" you mean for reverse ?????

Edited by sotiris, 18 October 2009 - 09:31 AM.

#40 sotiris

sotiris

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:39 AM

update.....
i understand the meaning..........

@thanks Mike.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users