#46 daemonchild

daemonchild

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Local Club: Unknown

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

I kinda disagree with this. I know some one with a LE. She bought it in a state and made it her own it's pink now with custom interor. She wanted a pink mini and she now has one but gets moand at by doing it to and LE. Fine then so would you rather she did it to a non LE and let the LE go to the scrap yard or let her have it restore it and mak it her own. I know I would rather she restored it and put anouther mini back in the road. I love minis as much as everyone on here but please remember they are cars. People have their own tastes and I for own support people to do what they want to do to their mini. They paid them then they should be able to injoy them in their own way.

That's a fair point actually Jon.

#47 CobraV8

CobraV8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

I think my Car might be a Paul Smith Designer.... maybe.

It has the rear window sticker, and a green rocker cover. But.... might be too old, and nothing else matches, so... maybe I have a Paul Smith window sticker.

#48 Mr.P

Mr.P

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

Mini 35

Attached Files

Edited by Mr.P, 24 August 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#49 march717

march717

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

I bought a flame red which was in need of some serious tlc and would probably have ended up on the scrapheap
rightly or wrongly i have done it how i wanted and its no longer an le but at least its still on the road or will be when its finished
although to offset my LE modifying footprint ive also got a john cooper LE which (correct me if i'm wrong) only 200 made will be restored completely as nature intended
Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 maryquant

maryquant

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Local Club: minidesigner.co.uk

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

I have an '88 Designer too - due to be rebuilt after I have finished the City im currently working on. Will be almost original when ive finished (with the exception of safety upgrades etc)

#51 Nick Warwick

Nick Warwick

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield mini club

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

my neon just had the sides resprayed so need to get my pink stripes made again then the body is original again except the arches, i will resort it back to original one day.

Posted Image

Edited by Nick Warwick, 01 September 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#52 dave21478

dave21478

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

My old turbo used to be a Designer....

Posted Image

De-stickered, and the interior was sold on through the local paper. It kept the flower steeringwheel though :)

#53 andatche

andatche

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

My Jap import Monte Carlo, only 200 made iirc, not sure how many of those were exported to Japan. Not that original anymore really.

Attached File  mini.jpg   392.1K   14 downloads

#54 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

The Brains Behind TMF's Secret Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

Needless to say most of you know which LE I have and that he is essentially as nature intended.

I've done nothing to him that can't be easily reversed, apart from an unleaded head conversion, halogen headlamps and having an alarm/immobiliser fitted to him. Other than that, the centre console, arm rest and bootliner can be removed with the help of a screwdriver to reveal a standard Designer. :) I don't say he's completely original, I say he's "As near as dammit" original!

#55 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • 1,894 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Designer Register

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

Needless to say most of you know which LE I have and that he is essentially as nature intended.

I've done nothing to him that can't be easily reversed, apart from an unleaded head conversion, halogen headlamps and having an alarm/immobiliser fitted to him. Other than that, the centre console, arm rest and bootliner can be removed with the help of a screwdriver to reveal a standard Designer. :) I don't say he's completely original, I say he's "As near as dammit" original!

lol! we all know who monty is he's like the most famous LE!!! lol

#56 ricky_mini

ricky_mini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

i've got an original cherry 30, has everything down to its original numberplates and tax disk holder from the rover dealer :)

#57 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • 1,894 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Designer Register

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

i've got an original cherry 30, has everything down to its original numberplates and tax disk holder from the rover dealer :)

it really is goood to hear that so many LE's still survive today!!!!!and havent been scrapped

#58 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Apart from alloy wheels and a dashboard (no one sees the engine!) mine looks a factory spec Rio, and want to keep it that way.

Easily reversible for the purists :)

#59 jinjrich

jinjrich

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: YMMOC

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:35 AM

I think the best thing about minis (and how i see them) is that they are blank canvasses to make your own individual car from. Although i wouldnt go and butcher a Mk1 or anything like that, what got me into this scene was how easy and fun it is to make the cars your own. I own a 88 Red Hot which is far from standard (apart from the interior). Its an 80's car for gods sake not monte carlo mini!!

#60 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:29 AM

my Equinox is far from original... and will be getting ever more modifications over the next couple of years :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users