64 replies to this topic

#46 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

I will do. Does that mean i wont have to use the upload system on here and just post the link?

I think it should be fine, just a bit paranoid because i dont want it to go bang. I have found the first thing i need to find tho. The bit of tube that runs fresh air from the front to the 'cabin' is missing, the section thats inside the wheel arch if that makes sense.

College now. Il try to upload again later so check back =)

#47 gregh55

gregh55

• Banned
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:49 AM

Hi, im Alex, 17, from the West Midlands. Been mad about Minis since i was little and finally the time has come to purchase. Found a Mini for sale down the road in stourbridge which im going to look at tomorrow morning with my Dad.

Its a 1982 Mini City E with 48,000 miles on the clock. Its undergone a restoration two years ago where the panels that needed replacing where done so its completly rust free apparently. With a respray in a metallic blue it looks great in my opinion.
The guy is a mechanic so its been well looked after and hes offered to put 12 months MOT upon purchase. So fingers crossed it will be the real deal.
Going with the buyers guide from the most recent addition of the Mini magazine and all the advice iv been reading up on here.

So basiclly hi and hopefully tomorrow i will be the proud owner of my first car and my first Mini.

Alex.

is stourbridge, leominster area?

#48 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:41 AM

p.s....How do i edit the name and subtitle of the thread so it doesnt say "mini shopping tomorrow?"

Done for you :shifty:

Congrats on finding your first mini!

#49 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

Does that mean i wont have to use the upload system on here and just post the link?

Yep :shifty: using the "insert image" button

Edited by Teapot, 17 September 2009 - 11:47 AM.

#50 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

Hi, im Alex, 17, from the West Midlands. Been mad about Minis since i was little and finally the time has come to purchase. Found a Mini for sale down the road in stourbridge which im going to look at tomorrow morning with my Dad.

Its a 1982 Mini City E with 48,000 miles on the clock. Its undergone a restoration two years ago where the panels that needed replacing where done so its completly rust free apparently. With a respray in a metallic blue it looks great in my opinion.
The guy is a mechanic so its been well looked after and hes offered to put 12 months MOT upon purchase. So fingers crossed it will be the real deal.
Going with the buyers guide from the most recent addition of the Mini magazine and all the advice iv been reading up on here.

So basiclly hi and hopefully tomorrow i will be the proud owner of my first car and my first Mini.

Alex.

Ermmm its not too far, is leominster just the other side of kidderminster? Kinda close i think

#51 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 chappy

chappy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:13 PM

That mini looks sweet!!

(as you say the interior is a little dated) but it looks great!

glad you found one :lol: i wanted one since i was about 9, and then didn't actually buy one untill 2 days after i passed my test!

If it was mine, id go for some 10" wheels (theres a few more things involved there than just new wheels, so its quite costly), some wider black arches, and then a stage one kit. :) then interior to suit your taste!

still a really cool mini as it is :)

have fun!

#53 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

Yeh id love to stick these 10's on
Posted Image
but as you said its not a matter of just slotting them on :)
I cant even get the bloody wheel trims off without breaking them. Should they not just pop off?

Iv treated it to a nice leather gear nob that my dad found in his box of mini bits from about 30 years ago. :lol:

Another question, is it normal for water to get it after iv hosed it down? Its not like, loads, just a small patch on the drivers side.

Edited by GTIAlex06, 18 September 2009 - 04:26 PM.

#54 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • 1,894 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Designer Register

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

whooaa nice mini youve got there :)
its soo swweeeeeeet :lol:

#55 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

I cant even get the bloody wheel trims off without breaking them.

Is that when you hit the wall in frustration?

Another question, is it normal for water to get it after iv hosed it down? Its not like, loads, just a small patch on the drivers side.

Fairly normal. Get someone to sit inside while you apply the hose again and see if they can pinpoint the leak. Windscreen seal? Door seal?

#56 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

whooaa nice mini youve got there :)
its soo swweeeeeeet :)

i think it looks a bit sad from the front :lol: Its because its not being driven anywhere while my parents are away

#57 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:42 PM

Teapot.
Lol no thats a different un mini related issue but im sure il be doing the same soon. I might just go and tear one off :)

That sounds like a plan, seemed more like a door seal but wel see.

Edited by GTIAlex06, 18 September 2009 - 04:43 PM.

#58 gregh55

gregh55

• Banned
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

Alex.

Ermmm its not too far, is leominster just the other side of kidderminster? Kinda close i think

ohhh errrm, im not 100% sure to be honest . . . .i fort kiddi was worcester way? or is that cheltnam? lmao im not to good at this

#59 jay30

jay30

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Hey Alex

Nice car. Glad you finally got one and looks like a good one at that. At last all the frustration of looking for one can be put behind you and all the frustrations of owning one can be laid out before you LOL

#60 GTIAlex06

GTIAlex06

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:06 AM

Alex.

ohhh errrm, im not 100% sure to be honest . . . .i fort kiddi was worcester way? or is that cheltnam? lmao im not to good at this

You shud just use google maps mate, its like the bible of locational knowledge

I manged to get the wheel trims off.
Seems i have black steelies on the back, and silver/rust filled ones on the front. Seen below,

Posted Image

Those are cleaned as best as they can.

I like the black because thats what i want in the end but it looks like a shed without the trims on i think? I Dont know.
Arghh so many questions already about what to do. I dont know how you people with some spare money to spend cope deciding on what to do. :)

Edited by GTIAlex06, 19 September 2009 - 01:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users