3 replies to this topic

#1 sam_o

sam_o

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hello, right I've got a 92 SPi. When I bought it, it had an lcb exhaust system fitted to it. I just bought another exhaust system, stage one system I think. The manifold is obviously different where it finishes into one pipe but doesn't have the hole for the lambda sensor to screw into. Do I actually need it because I don't have a cat?? Or do I have to have it?if I do I'm gonna have to drill a hole into my new manifold and Tap it I suppose. Can anyone help me??cheers Sam

#2 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

Hello, right I've got a 92 SPi. When I bought it, it had an lcb exhaust system fitted to it. I just bought another exhaust system, stage one system I think. The manifold is obviously different where it finishes into one pipe but doesn't have the hole for the lambda sensor to screw into. Do I actually need it because I don't have a cat?? Or do I have to have it?if I do I'm gonna have to drill a hole into my new manifold and Tap it I suppose. Can anyone help me??cheers Sam

Yes you need it, it sends signals too the ECU which in turn controls fueling. It won't be as easy as drilling and tapping the manifold. You will prorably have too drill and weld in a boss too screw the probe into.

Ben

#3 mini13

mini13

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

yep as above you need te sensor,

you can get the bungs off ebay for about a fiver, it shouldbt be hadt to find somone to glue it on with a mig for a drink.

#4 sam_o

sam_o

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

Yes you need it, it sends signals too the ECU which in turn controls fueling. It won't be as easy as drilling and tapping the manifold. You will prorably have too drill and weld in a boss too screw the probe into.

Ben

Ohh yeah that's what I meant about the drilling into the manifold. But I didn't realise that's what it done, thanks fir letting me no mate, I better start drilling and welding I guess lol

Sam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users