#1 Dizzy Less

Dizzy Less

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Local Club: Crewes Missiles

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

Can anyone reconmened a fuel pump for the Hayabusa its a 04 model and its on a cosworth pump at the moment.
what pressure would i need?
and would a Facet pump be up for the job, rated for 200 B.H.P. as its small and light.
silicon fuel hose or braided hose. which is best for the job.

Thanks Lee :thumbsup:

#2 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

WE USE AN IN LINE BOSCH PUMP AND A SEPERATE PRESSURE REGULATOR WHICH SHOULD BE SET AT 41 PSI
YOU SHOULD MOUNT IT LOWER THAN THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK AND YOU NEED TO PRE FILTER THE FUEL GOING INTO THE PUMP AS THEY WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY DIRT IN THE PUMPS WHATSOEVER THEN ALSO POST PUMP YOU SHOULD FIT A HIGH FLOW FILTER FOR GOOD MEASURE
WE USE RUBBER PETROL HOSE MAINLY DUE TO THE COST BUT BRAIDED IS FINE
CHRIS

#3 Dizzy Less

Dizzy Less

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

Thanks Chris
I have the regulator, how much is the pump all in? and hose per metre how many metres are needed.
and also why am talking money i love the bonett on brandons mini with a cut out for better cooling how much is this and is it carbon or fibre glass? Thanks :)

#4 Poly_Patje

Poly_Patje

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

Just my 2 cents...

As with the ZCars kit, the fuel-tank is located in the front. You need a long fuelhose to reach the fuelrail at the rear of the Mini. 3bar - 42psi as required for the standard Busa. A longer fuelhose can result it reduced fuelpressure at the fuelrail.

I am using a high pressure Bosch fuelpump with a seperated fuel pressure regulator from FSE (prepared for running a turbo) and this is connected as a loop. The loop is as followed: fueltank -> pre-filter -> pump -> fuelrail -> pressure regulator -> fueltank. Fuel is returned when the needed fuelpressure is reached and steady. The fuelhoses are all official goodridge braided hoses with alu anodised connectors (blue/red). All used Goodridge hoses have 8mm inner diameter.

The AFR was showing a very lean mixture. It was running between 16 and 19 at full rpm and ran of the scale when running idle rpm or revving up. This was strange. First I mounted the pressure sensor 30 cm after the fuelpump and it showed a proper value of 3bar (42psi) because I first used this spot for adjusting the pressure regulator. So just to be sure, I connected a second digital fuel pressure sensor in the regulator itself and this confirmed the lean running engine. The pressure at the regulator was near 2bar (28psi). So I adjusted the regulator again and at the regulator it is running at 3.1bar now.

Measured 30cm after the fuelpump the fuelpressure is now 4.1bar (57psi) and the engine is running a bit rich now. The AFR is idle between 14.4 and 14.9, when hitting the pedal the AFR first goes to 12 when revving up and running constant RPM the AFR stays between 12.6 and 13.4. A complete set of AEM with the proper Wideband lambda sensor is used to measure the AFR all the time.

Maybe you can use this info too.

#5 De Blerende Beetle

De Blerende Beetle

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

Also good and a little less expensive are the Walbro fuelpumps, the GSL392 high pressure pump, 255ltr/h max. pressure 12bar.

#6 Dizzy Less

Dizzy Less

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for advice, where can i find one to look at? :thumbsup:

#7 De Blerende Beetle

De Blerende Beetle

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for advice, where can i find one to look at? :)

I normally buy them from Ebay US, about $ 110 each, High Flow Fuel Systems is my supplier. I would buy at least 2 of them so you have a spare.

#8 Dizzy Less

Dizzy Less

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

:lol:

Thanks for advice, where can i find one to look at? :)

I normally buy them from Ebay US, about $ 110 each, High Flow Fuel Systems is my supplier. I would buy at least 2 of them so you have a spare.

Thanks I will check it out. :thumbsup:

#9 Zcars Richard

Zcars Richard

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:17 AM

Hi the bonnetts are in Fibreglass and will need trimming to suit. For best Prices contact me on 01964 527725. I have all parts on the shelf. Many Thanks Richard @ ZCARS

Thanks Chris
I have the regulator, how much is the pump all in? and hose per metre how many metres are needed.
and also why am talking money i love the bonett on brandons mini with a cut out for better cooling how much is this and is it carbon or fibre glass? Thanks :(

#10 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

This is my Walbro 255. I'm using it for my B16 conversion..... It's a good pump! Isn't as loud as some people say though so that's good.

Posted Image

As for the pressure. I've got a pressure regulator on my fuel rail. And set the pressure gauge as close As I could between the fuel rail and the regulator...... For the best read out.....

René

Edited by Renessy, 20 October 2009 - 02:29 PM.

#11 De Blerende Beetle

De Blerende Beetle

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

I used one on my 270HP New Beetle, perfect. I still got 2 new ones on the shelf for future use in a Mini.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users