#1 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hi

Bit of a strange one. My MPI oil gauge pipe/wire thing doen't go anywhere and just hangs in the top of the engine bay. The gauge inisde the car doesn't work and I would like to reconnect it.

Where does the sensor go? I have just fitted a new complete engine and it wasn't obvious during fitting where it should go.

Thanks

Luke.

#2 mykweb

mykweb

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: does here count :)

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:23 PM

Hi

Bit of a strange one. My MPI oil gauge pipe/wire thing doen't go anywhere and just hangs in the top of the engine bay. The gauge inisde the car doesn't work and I would like to reconnect it.

Where does the sensor go? I have just fitted a new complete engine and it wasn't obvious during fitting where it should go.

Thanks

Luke.

do you mean the oil pressure gauge or the oil temp ???

If its the oil temp the sensor is just below the oil filter, on the front of the block. The oil pressure sensor is located on the front of the block, kinda in the middle, just beind the rad, and under the coil pack.

Mike

#3 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

Oil temp sensor is to the slight left of the oil filter, above the oil relief dome nut, next to the starter motor. It is a black two pin connector.

Just be absolutely sure that the correct plugs are connected to the correct sensors. The crankshaft, oil pressure switch and oil temp sensor are all in close proximity and use the same two pin connectors. they should be colour coded (i think) blue is crank sensor, black is oil temp sensor and brown is oil pressure switch.

#4 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the quick replies!

It's the oil pressure sensor that I am refering to, so it sounds like I'm looking for a location near the coil pack. Got to hate the dark nights....will have to wait until tomorrow now.

Luke.

#5 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

It's the oil pressure sensor that I am refering to

Not if you're connecting it to a gauge it isn't, the oil pressure sender only drives a warning lamp. The gauge in the Sports pack is oil temperature. If you have an oil pressure gauge fitted in the dash, there is no sender fitted as standard that will drive it and you will have to get one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users