54 replies to this topic

#46 Calman

Calman

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

Right thsi first, Clicky , was for both subs, - I know you said to treat each speaker seperatly but i think this may work?

Each sub = 500w so im looking for a 400 -> 450w amp. The one ^ up there ^ is 400w on each channel - so heres the bit i got confused with, could i run each sub off one channel and then this;

Headunit to power the two 5 1/4" up front. Only thing is its putting out 45wx4. Is there some sort of resistor i can put in the line or will it be ok as is?

Thanks.

PS I know this is now a 3 page thread now, just wanted to say i appreciate the help and all the questions and quite probably all the hair you've pulled out when im to thick to understand! :lol: >_<

amp, good choice. looks good on paper
the head unit will really only be about 4x13w or there abouts.................

what you could do is...............

stick a pair of 6.4Mh coils on each sub, a pair of 200mf caps on the components and run the lot from the one amp
basically you will have a 3 way filter which will keep the ohmage like the graph above..... a very basic 3 way passive crossover

no worries about the questions we all had to start somewhere its good now to be able to pass it on to someone who listens

Cool, I take it it would work then, just that the other way means more dough :lol: Me being cheap i guess :D

Only other thing left is the power cables. Any ones work or do they range in Ohm Volts etc...?

Thanks

#47 monkeybiz

monkeybiz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:03 PM

Right thsi first, Clicky , was for both subs, - I know you said to treat each speaker seperatly but i think this may work?

Each sub = 500w so im looking for a 400 -> 450w amp. The one ^ up there ^ is 400w on each channel - so heres the bit i got confused with, could i run each sub off one channel and then this;

Headunit to power the two 5 1/4" up front. Only thing is its putting out 45wx4. Is there some sort of resistor i can put in the line or will it be ok as is?

Thanks.

PS I know this is now a 3 page thread now, just wanted to say i appreciate the help and all the questions and quite probably all the hair you've pulled out when im to thick to understand! :lol: >_<

amp, good choice. looks good on paper
the head unit will really only be about 4x13w or there abouts.................

what you could do is...............

stick a pair of 6.4Mh coils on each sub, a pair of 200mf caps on the components and run the lot from the one amp
basically you will have a 3 way filter which will keep the ohmage like the graph above..... a very basic 3 way passive crossover

no worries about the questions we all had to start somewhere its good now to be able to pass it on to someone who listens

Cool, I take it it would work then, just that the other way means more dough :lol: Me being cheap i guess :D

Only other thing left is the power cables. Any ones work or do they range in Ohm Volts etc...?

Thanks

you wouldnt get much change out of £80 to build a passive crossover like that so it isnt a cheaper option im afraid

#48 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

oh, is it cheaper to do it my way then? (Looked for the bits you suggested and didnt find nout, and then read yur post again and got mixed up >_<!)

#49 monkeybiz

monkeybiz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

probly yes, use the 4 channel amp as it is, 2 channels for subz 2 channels for fronts and like i said ditch the 6x9's as they are not needed.... you wont need a huge power source to run subs in a mini before your eyballs fall out and your nuts retract back up

#50 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

HAHA ^ Quality >_<

Just wireing now... Gawd lmao

Is any old speaker cables ok?

#51 monkeybiz

monkeybiz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

HAHA ^ Quality >_<

Just wireing now... Gawd lmao

Is any old speaker cables ok?

erm, no all your cabling should be about £70
theloudest.com cabling is top notch and well priced.............. shame about thier amps :lol:
or there is stinger, streetwires, monster, legacy........... dont buy the cheapest crap from ebay
get a good 2 or 4 guage take it to a fuseblock then a splitter and run one to the front for the head unit and the other to your amp

Edited by monkeybiz, 01 October 2009 - 06:09 PM.

#52 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

Found a wiring kit Clicky Well over the Watts so shouldnt sap any power - and 40 quid. Bargin >_<

#53 monkeybiz

monkeybiz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

thats only 8 guage, id go for 4 preferably so its the next one up so £49

#54 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

Ah got it now Cheers. Right thats it i think... All saved on my favirites for when i have deeper pockets! >_<

Thanks for all your help :lol: I'll hopefully get a thread up soon-ish.

#55 monkeybiz

monkeybiz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

forgot to say, you can spend thousands on kit and dont install it correctly and it will sound crap you can buy the cheapest stuff going and spend the time getting it right and sound fantastic. dont just throw it in a big box and turn it on, get the box built properly and to the correct size for the subs, 18mm+ mdf or birch ply, lots of dynomat or similar and lots of speaker wadding. get the correct mounting for the front speakers...... not facing you!!, 70-45deg off axis for the woofers and 15-30 deg off axis for the tweeters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users