35 replies to this topic

#31 THE STIG

THE STIG

Da stig says, GO GO GO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

does any one know of a kit for the blow through of anymore pictures looks interesting as i have never seen it done this way before and has anyone the bhp figures please red flip front looks cool i dont know about where the alternator is though mmmmm not choice but look really well done i like it .

if you look through this section there are a few topics on blow through systems

#32 dazz90

dazz90

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:49 PM

just saw something .....can i use a standard mpi pulley to run the supercharger!!!

Edited by dazz90, 05 October 2009 - 03:52 PM.

#33 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

just saw something .....can i use a standard mpi pulley to run the supercharger!!!

depends on the manifold

look at my thread and you will see my solution.

#34 dazz90

dazz90

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:10 PM

wow that looks a lot of work mate ........did you ever think of just building your own manifold

#35 1430 Mk1

1430 Mk1

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

Perhaps it would be a different idea to choose a better blower for the job. Granted, the E45 is cheapish and availableish, but for similar money, you can have others.

Do a google for Mazda Millennia blowers. These have about 20% more efficiency than a BINI blower and are pennies in the states. I hear about V-Max and what he has achieved and he's great, if as original as the Shorrock Design, and less efficient too. (by about 10%).

I also gather the rotor coating is very very slightly soluble in petrol in M45's and if you read the small print, they are not for suck through apps. Doesn't stop them lasting well, or people ignoring the small print.

Supply/Demand dictates the price. If you make them for £300, you'll probably make similar money.

Whilst you're at it, have a look at Chinese Superchargers, what is available. Maybe you could come up with a very good kit.

Anything over a BINI blower (64% max efficiency).....

#36 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

wow that looks a lot of work mate ........did you ever think of just building your own manifold

yes it is a lot of work. even making you own manifold would take time,
If i were to do this again i would buy the Minispeed kit, it dont look much on the outside, its all in the detail.
Vmax I would not buy as he is to high and mighty ie He would not anwser the phone or answer my emails and I wanted him to do me 12 cylinder heads! Minispeed sorted it out in the end. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users