4 replies to this topic

#1 andatche

andatche

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

Might be of interest to anybody after a code reader, I bought mine from the same chap off fleabay.

Ebay link

#2 SMP

SMP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

What sort of money does these go for and are they more common than the crypton act 1?

I didn't realise that there was more than one code reader capable of doing the SPI!!

Cheers
Steve

#3 mcciodirk

mcciodirk

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

Might be of interest to anybody after a code reader, I bought mine from the same chap off fleabay.

Ebay link

i think i just bought from the same chap. can you tell me is the device working well? i want to use it on my 96 spi.
any tips and tricks?

#4 PMM

PMM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

I won the one in the link above - and he is selling another one at present also...
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...id=p3286.c0.m14

I am uncertain if later mini's still use a 3pin or more modern OBD type connector

I am sure I read somewhere in literature I have later mini's have an OBD style port inside near the steering wheel column but don't quote me on that but I think then your looking at the Crypton Act I.

I would very much advise finding the Port on the mini 1st - Mine was joined to the Relay Pack but covered by a heatshrink cap
took me 2 months to stumble on it lol but that was the 3 pin connector that goes with the ebay linked item.

As for the unit - Pleased with it, has a pre-check - live data - & check all.

Under Live data it tells you RPM / Lambda / Air temp etc

Live check - does a series of checks also, various relays (Injector/fuel pump/carbonCan/aircon clutch)
Temp Guage test hi/lo / (stepper motor) throttle test etc etc

*** Only Issue I had was I had no clue what so ever where to connect the power lead seeing as the battery is in the boot ;D
so cheated and feed it 12v from something else.

You'll need to identify a source of power under the bonnet to connect the power lead.

#5 andatche

andatche

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

*** Only Issue I had was I had no clue what so ever where to connect the power lead seeing as the battery is in the boot :thumbsup:
so cheated and feed it 12v from something else.

You'll need to identify a source of power under the bonnet to connect the power lead.

I usually use the 12v feed to the starter or a jump lead to the battery in the boot. :closed:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users