#1 1968cooperS

1968cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

I am from Oakville, Ontario, Canada and just ordered my promotive R1
Going to go road racing with a tube frame 1960 mini, not salvagable for much else
sent the 1000 pound deposit last week, said ones were in build for 2nd week of November,
hope I got the cash ther in time
haven't heard anything more from them since, hope they are just busy.

#2 Sean12

Sean12

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

any luck on the pro-mo kit ?

#3 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

no worries the boys at Promotive are hard working, dont think they would leg one over,
I got my kit as they promised. you may like to check with customs due to the wording used on the pro mo invoice, it leads to confusion on behalf of the customs people.

#4 cad13

cad13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:37 PM

you may like to check with customs due to the wording used on the pro mo invoice, it leads to confusion on behalf of the customs people.
[/quote]

What exactly brings to confusion, I'm receiving my kit this week and would like to take care of any issues now so there are no problems with customs people.
Cheers!

Daniel

#5 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

[quote name='cad13' date='Nov 18 2009, 05:45 PM' post='1646928']

with me the customs wanted to know what was mine, becouse every thing look like new they had trouble understanding that the subframe was mine and that the special parts are new, it took a few phone calls to sort out the problem. the customs were trying to save me money good on them.

#6 cad13

cad13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

with me the customs wanted to know what was mine, becouse every thing look like new they had trouble understanding that the subframe was mine and that the special parts are new, it took a few phone calls to sort out the problem. the customs were trying to save me money good on them.
[/quote]

Thank you for the heads up, unfortunatly I won't be able to save money on the subframe since shipping mine from Canada would not be worth it in the end. Pro-mo supplied one of their subframes.
Should be in transit and arriving at my door step this week.

#7 1968cooperS

1968cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

got the subframe, looks very well done, no problem with customs as I bought a frame from promotive,
they have been very helpful as the rad was damaged during shipping, they sent out another in a few days.
It should be here next week, now I just need to find a motor.
thanks for the replays, will post something more as it takes shape.
anyone got any suggestions for brakes?

#8 1968cooperS

1968cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

good afternnon,
I was looking for a bike breaker in the UK, need 2001 yamaha R1 harness (main and guages with harness), Promotive suggested I find a bike breaker in the UK and get them to ship to promotive for modification, anyone got any suggestions
thank you

#9 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

good afternnon,
I was looking for a bike breaker in the UK, need 2001 yamaha R1 harness (main and guages with harness), Promotive suggested I find a bike breaker in the UK and get them to ship to promotive for modification, anyone got any suggestions
thank you

Is a 5pw variant running injection ?

#10 1968cooperS

1968cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

it is a 5JJ running carbs

good afternnon,
thank you

Is a 5pw variant running injection ?

#11 1968cooperS

1968cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:27 AM

just wanted to post this were people might be more interested besides, it won't let me post it in the for sale section.
I have promotive kit #33 and I am selling it complete with a fresh rebuilt 5JJ motor from a SCCA sport racer, all that is needed is a voltage regulator
$6000CDN
email gnc_field(at)sympatico.ca
it is located in Ontario Canada

Edited by 1968cooperS, 13 January 2011 - 10:47 PM.

#12 1968cooperS

1968cooperS

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

I have now paid my "subscription fee" and this will be posted in the for sale section

#13 cad13

cad13

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:17 PM

just wanted to post this were people might be more interested besides, it won't let me post it in the for sale section.
I have promotive kit #33 and I am selling it complete with a fresh rebuilt 5JJ motor from a SCCA sport racer, all that is needed is a voltage regulator
$6000CDN

I have a friend in Montreal that could be interested, did the kit run at all or did you finish the build and decide to sell?
pm me your phone number we'll discuss it then, I will be in Toronto this week and might come bye and have a look at it.

Regards,
Daniel

#14 PushingTin

PushingTin

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:57 PM

$6000CDN

Did this ever sell?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users