#1 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

Guys - feedback on the new layout of my project page - I DONT LIKE IT.

Before this morning you could while away the hours just scrolling through, skipping the text and looking at pictures, it appears that now you have to know exactly which thread you want to look at by recognising the author and the first line of text, not good.

I know people dont like change, trust me I am not one of them, change is good when it is for the better, right now I just dont see how this is for the better, maybe you can shed some light on why this course of action has been taken.

Rant over.

#2 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:19 AM

Before this morning you could while away the hours just scrolling through, skipping the text and looking at pictures, it appears that now you have to know exactly which thread you want to look at by recognising the author and the first line of text, not good.

I know people dont like change, trust me I am not one of them, change is good when it is for the better, right now I just dont see how this is for the better, maybe you can shed some light on why this course of action has been taken.

Rant over.

Select options on the top right of the forum and click standard display mode.
I think this is what you want. >_<

#3 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:42 AM

Rant over.

Select options on the top right of the forum and click standard display mode.
I think this is what you want. >_<

Cookie - thanks for the heads up on that.

My problem is for others wanting to view the pages, like when your page gets a hit on google and people come on to the page, they are more likely to stay around looking through the build project pages if they can see that there are other pictures or interesting stuff just by scrolling - like pretty much every other site. They are not going to know that you need to change the display to standard to do so.

Put it like this I have been on many forums over the years and if I came across one with the same layout I would close it down and look elsewhere as it does not promote easy reading.

#4 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

The standard layout has not been changed, it only changes when someone (normally accidentally) changes the display mode in their options >_<

#5 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

MY BAD.

Apologies for ranting.

I guess I must have 'accidently' changed the setting..............?

#6 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:27 PM

lol, i was going to say what bes said lol, no probs glad you sorted it. i will close this topic just so its clear problem sorted.

Many thanks for asking the question tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users