11 replies to this topic

#1 hayno

hayno

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:08 AM

Went down to the scrapyard in far cotton (m&d services) and theres a mini down there looks pretty much complete although ive had th bootlid :thumbsup: Some good parts to be salvaged took a quick piccy

#2 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

Went down to the scrapyard in far cotton (m&d services) and theres a mini down there looks pretty much complete although ive had th bootlid :thumbsup: Some good parts to be salvaged took a quick piccy

what are the doors like? how do i get there?! i want it lol

#3 hayno

hayno

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

i had a quick look at the doors and look okay bit of surface rust on the inisde at the bottom but it was just a quick glance!
Id say the easiest way to explain to get there is if you are coming from the town centre past all toys `r`us, b&q and in and out?? head over the bridge to small roundabout 1st left with super sausage on ur left! and just follow that road theres sum shops on either side ull come to lights with netto and that there go straight over and just follow the road right to the end! Hope u find it? The owner of the scrappy wont sell the complete car though!

#4 DaveVader

DaveVader

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

Does anyone want to grab me the horn? Mine has stopped working and I don't know why

#5 hayno

hayno

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone want to grab me the horn? Mine has stopped working and I don't know why

if im down there anytime ill grab it for ya myt need to go saturday for a scrounge

#6 h_edgrrr

h_edgrrr

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

I'll definately be going to find this then! Please no one nick the accelerator spring on the carb!! lol

edit: ooo or the inner rim that holds the headlights on! :lol:

Edited by h_edgrrr, 05 November 2009 - 05:47 PM.

#7 DaveVader

DaveVader

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

if im down there anytime ill grab it for ya myt need to go saturday for a scrounge

ahhh cheers. YGPM.
I may be going down Tuesday as I need to pop along to the hospital so thought, as I'm in Northampton I may aswell go see this mini.
If you are around I'll give you a shout and get the horn off you.

#8 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

someones had the roof off it already, and ive had the doors! i was hopin the engine was a 1275, as it was painted red, but unfortunatly its only a 998! oh well!

#9 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

THIS MINI IS NOW DEAD! it collapsed in on itself when i opened the doors (the roof had been but off, and the floors were rotten!) so its on its last journey to be melted down into bean tins. RUST IN PIECE MINI

#10 DaveVader

DaveVader

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:43 AM

Damn, wont bother going down then! Oh well, I'm sure some more will pop up, I may just go to the scrappy for the fun of it.

#11 hayno

hayno

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hes got another down there not much to it though and a complete rot box fellas engines all there though nothing to the interior :thumbsup:
Heres a piccy i though i would spread the joy of its final days

#12 foxfan

foxfan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Thats pretty sad really. I've restored minis which were in a really bad state of rust, and probly worse than that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users