• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Noodles

Noodles

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Local Club: Don't think there is one??

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:33 PM

Hi again all, I have held on to her as long as possible but I cant see any alternative to selling my mini due to financial doom and gloom. :thumbsup: Just wanted some opinions of the cars value before I put her up on pistonheads.

She's a Green Italian Job 1993 thats covered 75000 Miles, Taxed and Tested. The only mods are Straight through stainless RC40 and Maniflow LCB, K&N Cone, Large inlet valve head with some porting and polishing. All less than 2 months old. It had a new wing and a-panel and was then re-sprayed 2 years ago. Then a new boot in may. Unfortunately the other wing and a-panel are rusting up and will need replacing, there is also a small hole in the passenger floor pan. about 5cm long and 2 cm wide. Its got a full history right back to the sales brochure.

thanks

#2 Noodles

Noodles

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

PICS :thumbsup: What do you think?

Attached Files

#3 Noodles

Noodles

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

Anyone?

#4 minimininut

minimininut

Look Out For My Haynes Minature Engine Install Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

Any mini needing welding work is going to be worth a bit less because of that, pics of floorpan might get you some other people offering values. I take it you've checked out the classifieds in mini mags and pistonheads? They provide a good guide of a slightly higher price than you will actually get!

I'd guess but it would be such a random guess and I'd be totally plucking a figure out of thin air because I'm better at the 80s mini prices, but hey it's get your topic bumped again if nothing else!

If you can provide info re when the tax/mot run until, maybe someone who knows what they are chatting about will be along soon?? Good luck, and sorry you're having to let her go.

#5 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

Not quite sure what to make of that wing - It's some very odd rust! Not sure if it's actually rot though - It's quite hard to tell... ?

Valuation wise, I'd personally say £1750-£2000 once the floor is sorted? The history will always add value, so make sure you keep that :thumbsup:

#6 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Local Club: Rutland Minis

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

The wing has corroded where the mud has sat on the air intake pipe, its a very common problem where Minis are not washed underneath with a pressure washer once in a while

Value.. Well it is a popular LE in a nice colour, mileage is a tate on the high side for a Mini. It needs circa £600 spent on it, replacing the wing, A panel and dealing with the floor and painting

Realistically it is worth around £700 presuming the MOT is at least 6 months.

#7 Calman

Calman

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:06 PM

The wing has corroded where the mud has sat on the air intake pipe, its a very common problem where Minis are not washed underneath with a pressure washer once in a while

Value.. Well it is a popular LE in a nice colour, mileage is a tate on the high side for a Mini. It needs circa £600 spent on it, replacing the wing, A panel and dealing with the floor and painting

?!?!?!

You'd get more like Beans price guide surely!

Edited by Calman, 10 November 2009 - 07:06 PM.

#8 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

trade600-700, ebay 1300,repair and ebay 2500

#9 Senile Old Git

Senile Old Git

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,409 posts
  • Local Club: Rutland Minis

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

?!?!?!

You'd get more like Beans price guide surely!

Check my signature !

#10 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:53 PM

i reckon £700 is a fair offer from SOG

if u need cash quick then this is prob a sound offer.
if u can wait then trying advertising on the usual websites.

#11 Noodles

Noodles

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

trade600-700, ebay 1300,repair and ebay 2500

Does anyone else think it would be worth £2500 ish when its done? Because I know I can have all of the work done with a spray for about £600 by someone my dad knows. As i don't need the money right now, I could have it done then sell... But once its done and looking mint I don't know if I would be able to bring my self to sell it!

#12 minimininut

minimininut

Look Out For My Haynes Minature Engine Install Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

Get the work done and keep it!! If you've got past having to sell it for financial reasons then keep :D You'll miss it when it's gone, and better the mini you know than the mini you don't! Also sounds like a good deal if that includes a respray!!

#13 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

simple thing is, if it's done properly then yes it's worth doing at that price..

If it's bodged, then you may end up loosing even more vs the current value.

#14 Noodles

Noodles

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

I know the work will be done properly, this guy has done work on my mini and my dads cars before and its all been top class. The good news is it looks like I might have more work very soon, which would mean I should be able to keep the mini after all! ;)

But thanks for the valuations everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users