5 replies to this topic

#1 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

Hi Mister Dastardly.....Shes looking good!!!! What are you using for the brake set up,,,And Radiator???? Oil cooler????

Thanks Willie......hic*

#2 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:07 PM

Nice project! Wheres the mini?!

#3 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

Rear brakes are Ford Granada disks and calipers (standard Z-cars I think), fronts are currently Metro AP 4 pots on grooved/vented 8.4" disks, but I am planning on replacing the front calipers with KAD 4 pots. I'm not going to use a servo, and will definitely be using a proportioning valve in the rear line.

The radiator is a standard Fiat Uno aluminium one, but I havn't sourced a cooling fan yet. The rad will be fitted v. shortly so look out for piccies....

The oil cooler is the standard water/oil cooler which is integral to the R1 motor.

Hope this helps.
D.D.

#4 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

Thank You Bestestest's Buddy Ol Pal....I'm running Kad 4 pot's and Green stuff on my Cabrio...FANTASTIC Stopping ,,,, Also theres a servo on her as well....

I'm just wondering why are'nt ya going to run a servo on yours?????

PS: I'm hooked up on the Kad's for the Mini/Busa project....I got spoiled by them...YUM YUM!!!!

Willie.....hic* :w00t:

#5 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:12 AM

I dont reckon a sub 600kg car needs servo assistance. Servos rob brake feel and add weight, and also take up a lot of space. Having spoken to a couple of people on this subject (who have completed their Z-cars) their advice was to bin the servo. I suppose it's just a matter of preference, as Chris at Z-cars recommends using a servo.

I wont really know what suits the car and/or my driving style until I give it a shot. I can always swap the setup around if required.

Bye for now, and all the best.

D.D.

#6 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:48 PM

DD

I haven't tried driving mine with the servo disconnected yet. Will let you know when i have, but my intention is to ditch it. As you said the main reasons would be to improve feel, lose weight and gain some space....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users