#31 Foxy10

Foxy10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Local Club: Crewe's Missiles

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

is there already holes in the bumper lip thingy for the reflectors or do u hav 2 drill them?

cheers

Edited by Foxy10, 01 February 2010 - 06:06 PM.

#32 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

is there already holes in the bumper lip thingy for the reflectors or do u hav 2 drill them?

cheers

They bolt to the rear valance. Their should already be holes their.

#33 Foxy10

Foxy10

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Local Club: Crewe's Missiles

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

ryt cheers 4 that :(

#34 Mattlav

Mattlav

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

Posted Image
theres a picture to help out. cheers

Sorry to be a tiny bit off topic,, but what arches do you have on that car? thats like exactly the look i want in my build.. Arches and wheels?

Cheers :thumbsup:

#35 Jamez26

Jamez26

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

not a problem, they are mini special wheel arches and the wheels are 7x13 ultralites. >_<

James

#36 Mattlav

Mattlav

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

Are they the correct arches? http://www.minisport...fo_AJM1117.html if not got a link? >_< also ohhh nice wheels dude :o

#37 Jamez26

Jamez26

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

that'l be the ones bud ! thats exactly where i got them from. but you have to give them a bit of work to be able to paint them. and thanks >_< am actually trying to get rid of them to be honest! :o

#38 Mattlav

Mattlav

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

haha i see well mine will be metallic black all over.. errm yeh im toying with the idea of "sportspacking mine" but im not sure i like the basic look u got going... even with the clear lense lights i like em! :)

#39 Jamez26

Jamez26

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:21 PM

Sounds good :) whats the main colour going to be ? i was thinking of sportspack aswell, but i didn't want to try n make it something it wasn't and i dont like the look of the rear arches at the back on the sportspack. the only thing you should consider is that because my arches don't cover the wheel, i get alot of spray of the road so it gets dirty really fast.
Oh honestly, the jewel lens lights imo make the back of the mini look so much nicer, i just didn't like the boxy shape of the clear lenses

#40 Mattlav

Mattlav

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Cool errm like i say really shiny metallic black :) all over.. haha mabye some sort of roof decal haveent thoght about it really errm i located this earlier..
http://www.customminis.co.uk/ find the sportspack kit.. about £150 u get the lot.. was thinking of splahing out on that..

and yeh i might change to the jewel lights not sure where to find the fill kits to?

#41 Jamez26

Jamez26

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Good :)

yeah, erm you get the full kit from huddersfield..... link >>>> http://www.minispare...mp;prod_id=2600 but if you already have a goot unit, you only need to change the lenses

#42 Mattlav

Mattlav

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

well my car is under going full restoration at the moment but heres a picture of the back of it..

Attached File  Back__no_work_needed_.JPG   1.4MB   10 downloads

should i buy full kit or just do lenses?

#43 Jamez26

Jamez26

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:20 AM

I'm not to sure, If you take of the lenses you have on the now, you will be able to see the condition of the chrome on the inside. if it's ok and the lights are bright enough, i'd say you only need lenses. It's because the jewel lenses are clear and therefore pretty much see through and you wouldn't get the same effect if the chrome was all pitted and tatty!
James

#44 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:27 AM

i'll get a piccy from a customers car, but i have just done a refector modification to those jewel back lights and no bolt on bits :thumbsup:
dave

#45 Mattlav

Mattlav

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:43 PM

Cool i have to unscrew one and take a picture and have a look.. fairly old/ original so probs rubbish.. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users