Photo

Ice Builds

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Yay or Nay? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Yay or Nay?

1. Yes (43 votes [81.13%])

Percentage of vote: 81.13%

2. No (8 votes [15.09%])

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

3. Other - Leave a suggestion :) (2 votes [3.77%])

Percentage of vote: 3.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Calman

Calman

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:19 PM

I don't know how this would effect the fourm space which might be why its not been put foward before but here goes...

I enjoy looking throught the Ice builds, and no doubt many of the ICE guys do to, so would it be possible for an ICE sub-catagory designated for the builds? I find it a pain trawling through amp requests to find the good stuff :thumbsup:!

If we need a good responce to make sure this will be worth while theres a vote section too! ;)

Edited by Calman, 19 November 2009 - 11:20 PM.

#2 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:23 PM

and a completed builds one would be good
with builds in progress
then the rest can be queries :thumbsup:

#3 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

Once we have a good amount of votes and feedback i'll report the topic to grab some admin attention if they havn't already noticed by then.

#4 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

i never posted mine up as there was no-where specific to put it.

#5 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

i never posted mine up as there was no-where specific to put it.

Exsactly, they seem to get lost in the void :thumbsup:!

#6 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

Brilliant idea, I do think the ICE catergory is a bit vauge, the "amp requests" are getting a tad boring lol :shifty:

#7 spikey

spikey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:17 PM

I asked for this for pics of finished minis but people thought it was a rubbish idea :shifty:

voted yes

#8 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

I asked for this for pictures of finished minis but people thought it was a rubbish idea

There are plans for a Gallery section, and don't forget the 'Garage' tab.

Brilliant idea, I do think the ICE category is a bit vague, the "amp requests" are getting a tad boring lol

The problem I see here is that we have an ICE section already - and yes - I agree that there are far FAR too many threads which have little more content than 'what's a good 1000000 watt amp' and the many repeats of 'how do i wire a cd player into a mini'... to warrant it worth trawling through the pages to find the few ICE installs that have been written up there.

But whilst there is a definite flow of people in and out the section - it seems they're not posting projects up - this could be because:

** They have already done so in the main project thread for the their mini, therefore a duplicate thread is a bit pointless.
** They can't be bothered.
** There aren't many people building ICE projects anyway.

So would there be a definite increase of projects popping up if the section was created? Or would it lay dormant once created? Seems to me that there aren't really any large amounts of ICE projects going in TMF anyway - else you lot would be showing them off already in the ICE section or 'Any other projects' section :)

See what the votes come back as :shifty:

Personally i think if an expanded section was created - one would be enough... and it would simply be a 'Projects go in here' subforum, with a ban on 'help me, i can't read instructions' type threads - which belong in the general ICE section.

#9 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

Thats sounds fair :P Shall we leave it til we have certain amoun of votes?

Say, 50?

to be honest i would defo put a project up to show it off a bit, give some inspiration/feedback/suggestions but unfortunatly i cant even think of starting my install yet :)

*** Just like too add, even small simple installs; ie the legenderay 6x9's on the parcel shelf and maybe a sub in the boot :shifty:, would be good as its would (Hopefully) reduce the amount of questions as a quick search would show a step by step effectivly***

#10 jayare

jayare

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

I've voted yes but would this be a sub-forum in the Security/ICE section or in the Projects section - I'd expect more views, etc. if it were in with the other project sections as there are quite a few people who never venture into the Security/ICE section,

JR

#11 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:00 AM

security ice forum sub-category =]
and ive just started a new ICE project and would be good to have a subforum for it
most people think ther is no point to starting a new thread about it as it gets abit spammed with requests :xmas:

two would be good for the start & build of the project and the finished article
gives people ideas :thumbsup:
but i wont push for that idea if it takes up abit too much room on the server >_<

#12 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

I've voted yes but would this be a sub-forum in the Security/ICE section or in the Projects section - I'd expect more views, etc. if it were in with the other project sections as there are quite a few people who never venture into the Security/ICE section,

I think you'd be looking at maybe a single extra forum within the the ICE and Security main section - Spreading the ICE section about will just lead to more and more posts being put in the wrong section, and make the forum look messy. Best to keep it in one place where it can be easily found, and moderated effectively too.

I don't think a 'building section' and a 'completed' is a great idea really - It takes up more room on TMF, and will largely b used for pictures that will only get shown on the build diary anyway - if people want to see the latest progress or the final product - they can go to the last page of the diary... It's also good to see how the work that went into the final product made it's way to the finished article - again - keep it all in one place and it makes things a lot easier for people.

I think the reason not so many people go in there is because there isn't the interest - most people on here are more interested in getting bodywork nice and engines running perfectly - I don't mean that in a bad way (I'm not poopoo-ing those you who do have/like ICE) but It seems that there just aren't many people doing ICE compared to those users who are restoring minis and building engines etc....

Vote how you feel, and we'll have a little chat about it in the Admin section.

#13 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

>_<

#14 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

Okay guys.

We've had chat about this - We're going to go with adding an extra single 'PROJECTS ONLY' sub-forum within the ICE section.

It is a section for Projects and nothing else - technical queries, problems, questions and product information etc should be put in the usual ICE section.

Give us a couple of days to sort it out.

Thanks.

#15 Calman

Calman

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

Thanks so much Mods :D

Is it worth stickying a notice in the ICE section highlighting the Projects only bit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users