380 replies to this topic

#1 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:36 AM

Thought I'd start my project thread as I'm getting anxious and I can update the group with in-process pics (and share with my other mates online) while I wait for my kit shipment from across the pond.

I introduced myself under Willie's project heading a week or so ago, so some some may recognize me...and now I formalized my Avatar to be a proper characature of your's truly in Southpark guise....

Just got this picture of my future ride from Chris on Monday....can't wait!

Cheers!

Attached Files

Edited by Purple Tom, 21 February 2009 - 02:41 PM.

#2 Tarks

Tarks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Local Club: is there a local club? lol

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:41 AM

ohhhh will keep an eye on this ! looking well ! hope all goes well bud !

#3 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:29 AM

Looks a Bute...... How much is Chris doing for you ? are you having the Glass Body ? Can I interest you in a Turbo........ go on you know you want to......

Spoke to a guy at Brighton speed trials who's Hayabusa Turbo Bike does the Quarter in under 8 sec's... He's running 28 psi boost and has over 540 bhp at the rear wheel.... He stuggles for tration at over 150 mph... Funny that.... we wont....

You just can't beat a Mini that wheely's of the line....

#4 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:02 AM

Looking good!

When are you expecting delivery? I would love some more detailed photo's of the front suspension arrangement- looks very neat.

Good luck with it all- the anticipation must be unbearable!

D.D.

#5 simong6

simong6

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:07 AM

thats gonna be coooooooool as when you get it all i'm soooooo jealous!!!!!!

want to swap :fear:

#6 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:13 AM

ooooh! I want one! very nice indeed! bet that's not a cheap project! Keep us updated :cheese:

#7 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:18 AM

Having seen the finished prototype I can say that these are stunning! :cool:

Looks similar to my minus in terms of no seams and very low but the spacframe work is awsome!!!! :grin:

Good luck buddy. I might see this before you as I hoping to go up and see Chris in the next couple of weeks! :tongue: :grin:

#8 Willie

Willie

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

Dad Gum It Monte....I've got Big Wood now!!! Ahahaha!!! Looks like I better be geitting my rear in gear,,,,What a stunning peice of art there...I think I'm going to be spending quight be bit of time with you and your new found friend...Ahahaha!!! YUM YUM !!!! I'll give ya a call today......
Willie......hic*

#9 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:29 AM

Spoke to a guy at Brighton speed trials who's Hayabusa Turbo Bike does the Quarter in under 8 sec's

Dont suppose you know if it is a black one and was at Santa Pod last weekend?

#10 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

Man, I need more money, every time I see anything about Z-cars I dribble! I have simply got to get me one of them one day!

#11 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

Yes, the wait is painful, but I've found ways to pass the time (buying parts, etc.). and remodelling my basement (wife said I had to get it done first!). The wait will be worth it thoughI'm sure.

Ade: I'd love for you to give any feedback on "first hand impressions" - kind of cool that you might see it before me....

F1Mini: Chris is doing the spaceframe, supplying the shell, front end, bonnet (used to be boot) cover, arches, steering gear, shockers, springs, brakes, fuel tank, wheels, and a bunch of other small stuff (custom seats, a few others)....I'm sourcing some of the std mini parts and the 'busa parts from over here. So far I have:

1.) Translogic Powershifter
2.) PBS Engineering paddle shifter with microswitches
3.) Kuhmo street / track tires in 235 45R3 and 215 50R13
4.) Sparco 310F2SN suede wheel
5.) 2003 Busa motor with appx 1200 miles on the clock.

Soon to be purchased:

1.) ETB Digidash Lite or Digidash 2
2.) Switches
3.) Various stock mini pieces, wipers, lights, lenses, weterhstripping, etc. etc.

I'm planning for a possible future turbo upgrade and am getting hispec drive shafts per Chris's recommendation....but where to put that intercooler so I can see 360BHP...hmm...

Willie: I'll look for your call

DD: Here's a pic of the front end, without the sway bars installed (you can see the mounting brackets). Also, Chris is makign the shock perches adjustable an inche (two differnt holes) to accomodate for street vs. trck, depending on how seriosu I get....great guy...

I haven't asked Chris to commit a date as I'd rather it be "right" than early....and I wasn't going to get it done this year before winter comes anyway....

Cheers,

Monte

Attached Files

#12 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:52 PM

Im at z-cars on tuesday picking my kit up (hopefully) i will take some more pics and post them on here for you just to keep your thread going untill you receive the tackle :cool:

Mark :wales:

#13 mini_sam

mini_sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:20 PM

its gawjus...and i want it :) :tongue:

#14 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:36 PM

Hi Monte

It looks like Chris has some different front suspension arms on your car compared to the 1st prototype. Do you know why he has changed them??

#15 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:27 AM

Mark: thanks for the offer, take plenty of them!, that is assuming Chris doesn't mind (I surely don't, the more pics the better I say)...I guess it's free advertising for him though, so I wouldn't think he would.

R1MiniMagic: On the arms, I hadn't noticed....interesting. Two possible things come to mind:

1.) Possible coil over spring clearance in the top perch hole, aka "2 inch ground clearance perch hole". Looking at the pic you uploaded and others I have, the coils are pretty close to the top arm on the prototype. It seems these might flex a bit more due to less triangulation on the curved segments, but given how "beefy" Chris seems to build things, I'm sure that won't be a problem...

2.) Simpler construction. Two less (acute angle fishmouth) tube welds on each arm where the frame pivot rose joints are installed....

by the way, I'm suprised no one has asked, the tank should be about 8 gallons net with filler, pickup, and vent accoring to Chris....looks big though, don't it? May last past a chain oiling if I pussyfoot around town....nah...why would I want to do that...

Cheers,

Monte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users