#16 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

theyve been a dodgey company from the start,
apparently they called themselves minispares of huddersfield and told suppliers they were part of the minispares group in order to get thier discounts etc
i personally wouldnt buy anything from them because of this and other things
ive been told on many occasions that they are only good for bolt on bits, as soon as it gets a bit technical theyve no idea and no time to try and help

this is from peoples personal experiences, im not saying they will definatly give you a *yellow human water* poor service, but its quite likley

#17 cooperdan

cooperdan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,729 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

same here

used them recently with no problems...

Nothing to concern

#18 Boothy

Boothy

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

I went to huddersfield mini-spares on tuesday and they were still getting prices for offers off the usual website and main owner was there. It was still excellent service I got as it always has been.

Jack

They know what there talking about 'adam 93rio'. They also do a lot of projects so they obviously dont just know about bolt-ons.

Edited by Boothy, 26 November 2009 - 07:31 PM.

#19 Pauly

Pauly

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,213 posts
  • Local Club: Just 4 Fun Minis!

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

apparently they called themselves minispares of huddersfield and told suppliers they were part of the minispares group in order to get thier discounts etc
ive been told on many occasions that they are only good for bolt on bits, as soon as it gets a bit technical theyve no idea and no time to try and help

this is from peoples personal experiences, im not saying they will definatly give you a *yellow human water* poor service, but its quite likley

I think they where originaly called Huddersfield minispares but BMW came down on them like a tone a bricks, hence why the name changed to huddersfield spares.

Never had a problem with them, always got what I wanted, delivered on time etc. One word of advice is to phone them, dont use their site as its rubbish.

Paul.

#20 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

Ok confirmed Huddersfield ARE MiniPartsUK.co.uk

Done a domain check and it is registered to Kathryn Ratcliffe of Huddersfield Mini Spares (whom which I've spoken to many times and exists!)

Link To Domain Check

organisation: HUDDERSFIELD SPARES LTD
address: BRIDGECROFT MILLS,
address: TANYARD ROAD
address: HUDDERSFIELD
address: WEST YORKSHIRE
address: hd3 4nb
address: GB
phone: +44.1484658524
fax: +44.1484658524
email: [email protected]

Edited by mini-man-dan, 26 November 2009 - 07:34 PM.

#21 trafficface09

trafficface09

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Local Club: not yet but soon

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

i will find a receipt check vat. its quite a bit. well they are officiant but i dont think they like young mini owners like myself and one guy doesnt like dishing out advice as we and have seen other customers ask and he rather avoids answering. but im being critical, there my only option so there ok really.

one thing they said was that a was funny is that i have to buy a bolt because a "mini bolt is a different gage" even though i knew it doesn't and i can just buy the same bolt for cheep.

"halfords says a roof rack increases bhp too by 200%" so i definatly trust them too

Ha ha

#22 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

I think they where originaly called Huddersfield minispares but BMW came down on them like a tone a bricks, hence why the name changed to huddersfield spares.

Never had a problem with them, always got what I wanted, delivered on time etc. One word of advice is to phone them, dont use their site as its rubbish.

Paul.

they arent allowed to use the minispares name as it is used by the company minispares, im pretty sure there was a court case involved with huddersfield and minispares. they were trying to use the same name in order for people to get confused and use them by accident hence the website being the same and tried to get the discount and use the minispares account with suppliers
again this is what i have been told by someone who knows the guys at minispares very well

#23 Adcuz

Adcuz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:35 PM

Don't see any issue with them opening a second website? As long as contact details are available on both sites then there is no reason for everyone to assume it's some sort of dodgy setup. They're probably just doing it to try and increase their market share.

Having said that, both websites don't look particularly professional - that in itself really does degrade their company, many people judge a company by how their website looks these days.

Edited by Adcuz, 26 November 2009 - 07:36 PM.

#24 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

But you shouldn't always judge a book by it's cover.

Either way a nice shiny website doesn't always mean the service and quality is good.

#25 trafficface09

trafficface09

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Local Club: not yet but soon

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

just to repeat they dont do technical advice and say dont trust the forum..... from the guy who always says youl have to ask the boss. at least hes honest, heh

#26 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

But if you attempt to increase your market share by "inventing" another company, isn't this a tad deceitful?!

If a new music store which looked independent were to open in your town and you later found out it's actually owned by HMV you'd feel a bit decieved wouldn't you...

P'raps they have cottoned on to the fact their reputation isn't squeaky clean as Hudds Spares and they're eventually going to cease trading under that name and operate under the new one, either way they've made a bit of a bodge job of it. Much like the job they made of fitting a friend of a friends wheels, but we won't go there :geek:

#27 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:40 PM

Can't see why it wouldn't be good quality and service as many of us had no problems with Huddersfield, and as this obviously is the same people then it should be just as good. Yes, most is budget stuff but you are paying budget! You buy the more expensive Cobra seats they sell and you get high quality goods. Get what you pay for, and don;t expect any more is what I say :geek:

#28 mimi the mini

mimi the mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

^^ I agree, they are usually the cheapest for wheels, shiney things... etc

#29 captainjack15

captainjack15

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 3,925 posts
  • Local Club: Somerset Rusteez

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

^^ I agree, they are usually the cheapest for wheels, shiney things... etc

Aren't always the best wheels, but mine have been good :geek:

The lady on the end of the phone was great and very kind!! :dontgetit:

Can't say a bad thing about them.... :\

#30 Fraz_Whatley

Fraz_Whatley

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

Love huddersfield mini spares. ive had a few things off them aswell.
only bad thing tho
on the site it said their grp 2 arches stuck out 2.5"
they dont tho haha ah well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users