#1 rusky

rusky

Banned due to discrepencies in Classifieds

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:53 PM

project closed

Edited by rusky, 11 December 2009 - 08:23 PM.

#2 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

good little project, will it pass sva?

#3 trafficface09

trafficface09

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Local Club: not yet but soon

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

I would absolutely love to do this. i have a workshop engine crane various tools welding equipment, mga 1.6 engine and gearbox. i was just wondering how you worked out how to make the space frame. are there any plans. how much has it cost you so far?

Great work :)

#4 rusky

rusky

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

good little project, will it pass sva?

ofcourse it will if zcars can pass this thing will and at less than half the price and have extra saftey features e.g all modern air bags, isnt the first one we have done and alot more yet to come

#5 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

Love it ! Who cares about SVA ? Have fun with it , even if It can't go on the road :)

#6 rusky

rusky

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

I would absolutely love to do this. i have a workshop engine crane various tools welding equipment, mga 1.6 engine and gearbox. i was just wondering how you worked out how to make the space frame. are there any plans. how much has it cost you so far?

Great work :)

the frame is the most important part of the car has taken alot of measuring and planning, the frame was custom built by ourself all i can say is take ur time, try and copy or follow the ideas of a trusted design and make sure you overengineer the frame in terms of steel gauge as stress testing for diy'ers is not logically going to happen. We can supply frames for pretty cheaply and help you sith the build if you get in touch can discuss this further.

#7 rusky

rusky

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:23 PM

Love it ! Who cares about SVA ? Have fun with it , even if It can't go on the road :)

ohh trust me this baby will be on the road. if you actually read and understand the sva you will see how this thing will quite adequately meet the requirements - it is basically a squashed mgtf, and if needs be we can supply a frame for destructive testing. because we have included modern interior parts and safety features like airbags the facial impact zone will satisy requirments too. I remind people that zcars simply bolt their frames onto the rear floor and parcel shelf of the car, and somehow (im sure not offically) these cars roam the streets without any testing or prooving.

#8 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

Love it ! Who cares about SVA ? Have fun with it , even if It can't go on the road :xxx:

ohh trust me this baby will be on the road. if you actually read and understand the sva you will see how this thing will quite adequately meet the requirements - it is basically a squashed mgtf, and if needs be we can supply a frame for destructive testing. because we have included modern interior parts and safety features like airbags the facial impact zone will satisy requirments too. I remind people that zcars simply bolt their frames onto the rear floor and parcel shelf of the car, and somehow (im sure not offically) these cars roam the streets without any testing or prooving.

Sorry i mean IVA as its changed, will be great to follow the progression shame it will be on Q plate tho.

#9 rusky

rusky

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

wont necessarily be a q plate - lets not get in to this discussion, this is a project journal! It might sneak through as a modded classic mini. SHH

#10 Littlegizmos

Littlegizmos

previously known as M1N1 MAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Local Club: www.littlegizmos.co.uk

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

love this

#11 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:21 AM

interesting project

good luck :xxx:

#12 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:50 AM

I don't think you've not got a chance in hell of avoiding a Q plate, you might have if all the mechanicals are MGF and the frame/body were brand new, but fair do's 'n I agree this isn't the place for an IVA argument.

I think IVA won't pass airbags either: they can hardly test them.

(I gave your title a 135hp tune up :xxx: & if you want to tout for business on the forum you should really register as a trader)

#13 rusky

rusky

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:56 AM

....iva!

Edited by rusky, 06 December 2009 - 11:09 AM.

#14 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

You're welcome to post and we appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience, but forums are more useful if they offer a balanced view of all opinions. I don't want to scribble all over your topic either, though I think it's important that any readers of it realise they might have some issues with IVA if they follow your lead. Yes, they may hit the same pitfalls with a Z Car or they may sneak their project through an MoT, it would be their choice to try, but at least this forum would have done its bit to make sure it's an informed one.

We also don't mind you offering your services on the forum, we exist to support Mini enthusiasts and they may be interested in what you offer. We only ask that commercial enterprises register their details first so we can do what we can to keep rogue traders off the forum - for the benefit of the good ones and their potential customers.

#15 THE STIG

THE STIG

Da stig says, GO GO GO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:18 AM

I remind people that zcars simply bolt their frames onto the rear floor and parcel shelf of the car, and somehow (im sure not offically) these cars roam the streets without any testing or prooving.

z cars kits dont just bolt to the rear floor and the parcel shelf

there a complete roll cage that bolt into the shell and are basiccly a complete space fram if using their front subframe and are constatly being improved as they continue to produe them

the mount to the parcel shelf just stop the back of the body from moving

and there frames have been tested a MIRA and surpass FIA requirements

and they also design and make all there own components including suspenion, drive shafts ,radius arms etc etc dont just make a frame to bolt two mass prodution subframes together

you get what you pay for

no limited run production cars have to be crash tested or pass structual evaluations

maybe you should check you facts before slagging off another company that has been producing auto grass and race and road cars for many years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users