32 replies to this topic

#1 DenZal

DenZal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:25 AM

spotted this on ebay noticed it was in st leonards (my town) so put a bid on before going out for a meal came back an i had won :fear: wasnt expectin that really but anyways now we have to deal with it :tongue: :huh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

front end doesnt matter too much because itll be getting a flipfront regardless of what state its in lol hopefully picking him up tonight! hopefully you lot will be more positive then the Miniresource lot lol

£295..bargain :smartass: an im going halves with dad on everything so actually cost £150 for me! lol

PS anyone in the area have a welder they can lend?....or want to give us a hand with welding? :angry:

PPS heres the link lol Our first project!

#2 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:29 AM

wow, £295 is pretty good! Even if its really rusty it doesn't matter, its still a good base for a project.... :grin:

What are your plans for it? The flipfront sounds good, although please make sure it fits properly! :tongue:

I'm guessing its standard?

#3 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:29 AM

Looks like it could use a bit of TLC! :grin: What are your plans for it? just resto or bonkers rebuild?

Good luck with it and we'll be expecting regular progress reports of how it's coming along :grin:

#4 DenZal

DenZal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

to be fair i know theres rust holes but i dont think there too bad, there on flat parts so nice flat straight patch, the top half looks fine to me.

if i have my way it will get a flipfront maybe a 1380 or 1275 and stay that colour as i think that works well, also id like to put maybe some grp5 or grp2 arches and some wide wheels. inside nice and simple the way a van should be! centre binnacle seats steering wheel thats all ya need...an maybe a gearstick an handbrake if we feel adventurous :angry: lol

#5 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:14 PM

Miniresource :angry: :angry: :angry: and I see that you're a moderator on there...

Go-on desert to TMF....

295 for that is a well good bargain...

Go-on you know you want to... desert desert desert :huh: :angry: :dontgetit: !

MR tread - the usual suspects !

#6 Tarks

Tarks

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Local Club: is there a local club? lol

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:24 PM

my hanor was a little worse than that so if i can get hanor back to the living i have no dout in ya bud!

hanor has a total cost so far of £4297.!with another 1k to spend i think !
it never stops ! lol snip 2k ish off of that if she was standard ! i purchased all new parts tho to be honest!

#7 Gogobroom

Gogobroom

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

Looks good to me :angry: my brother-in-law had a white mini van many years ago - it was MOT'd and taxed but it looked in a worse state than that lol... It will be good to see how you get on with it. Going to be starting my mini project once my Rib's healed.

#8 DenZal

DenZal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

hes landed ....

Attached Files

#9 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

|Save the front panel if you can, even if you dont want to use it, someone will buy it off you as they are dear to buy new!!

#10 Guest_Icey_*

Guest_Icey_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:40 PM

Best of luck Denzy :angry:

You know you want to join me in the yellow tho :huh:

#11 DenZal

DenZal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

to b honest i like the colour scheme it has at the moment with some wide black arches itd b coolio, the front ends prettyt good drivers side wing has some rust thats gone thru so that needs replacing...unless we go for flipfront, bulkhead is solid front floor section is solid which im chuffed with rear floor is solid middle bit is hidden under boxes and boxes of spares lol will look 2moro :angry:

#12 cats_mini

cats_mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

Good luck Denz,who cares what everyone else thinks of your project as they wont be the one's fixing it up or paying for it and MR is full of negativity atm! Also,lots of male bonding with your dad to look forward to :angry:

#13 DenZal

DenZal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:37 PM

dont mock male bonding! lol...i must bond because hes gonna be the one fronting the money most of the time lol :angry: just looked out the window at it an couldnt help but chuckle lol

#14 Guest_Icey_*

Guest_Icey_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

:huh:

Best of luck with it :angry: Can't wait to see it when its done :angry:

#15 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts