13 replies to this topic

#1 mini7racer

mini7racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:52 AM

So what have you lot been doing over the summer then?? tell me your stories the highs, the lows, and the boring bits.

I have had an eventfull summer. I have moved up to Sheffield with my g/f and a couple of mates for your second year of uni as Aimee didnt like the 2 hours comute on the train and the getting up at 6 in the moring for 9 oclock leactures so we are now living up here untill may/june time. so it has been fun soring out things like the gas/electric, the phone line and the braodband, and then there was the 40hours cleaning we had to do when we moved in. (when we viewed the house it was clean.......4months later it looked like a tramp house, needless to say our land lords a £%$^$$$£$%%^^ but thats another story, lets just say im playing EVERYTHING by the rules/book. no chance of him moaning at us for anything.

anyhoo back on track.

Roxies had a eventfull summer. firstly she has had a few more shiney bits added and she attended her first and only show of the year, the crich tramway mini meet. a cracking day!! where Roxies fan descided that it would be a good time to give up once and for all, during the parade, in 30deg burning mid day sun!!! nedless to say it wasnt a good time, but after ringing the mini specalist and finding out that fans were £146 i nearly died!! 20mins on the net and a cool to a spal fan specalist in down south and guess what, mini fans are no longer made, minispares etc have old stock but thats it, but the motor is available with in a univeral cowling, and all for £64 inc next day delivery!!! Ill post up the shops details as they are very GOOD on price for a massive range of elec fans!) so 3 screws and 20mins later roxie has a new fan motor in the old cowling.

a month or so later i finally fitted the Cibies that Aimee's dad had given me along with the over riders that i brought at the mini show, so now shes looking very cool and racy!

Sept comes round and i give roxie her 6month check over and i find that the tracing is MILES out and that she has eaten the inside edge of 1 of her tyres, now im a bit skint by this time and the tyre still has enough meat to get me through the winter, so i get the tyre swapped round on the rim so its easier to keep an eye on the wear and i have the racking done. now it pulls to one side even though the trackings been sorted. so i swap the wheels corner to corner, (while doing so i notice trhe other front has worn out the inside edge too but not as bad, meaning i have 2 tyres which are wanting to go in circles both the same way hence the slight pull. Anyhoo the wheels are now on the back, and there is no pull, sorted......so i think! i now have a viabration at speed. back to the tyre place, all 4 wheels are unbalanced, (the garage i got roxie from had 4 new tyres fitted and it seems like theye didnt have them balanced or tracked!!) and to add insult to injury, the tyres arent even round!!! so thanks to my folks giving me my b-day money early and me spending a moring phoning round tyre place in Notts she now has 4 fresh yoko A539s, and all for £39.50 a corner all in!

Now you may think that is the end off my summer, and all was ok then.......erm nope. Cast your mind back to march time and if you will remember Roxie was hit wheil sat in traffic......after that a roof graphic was added so van driver would see her along with a high level brake light. well its not enough, some gimp ran into the back off me again!! :huh:

Luckly I was driving and not Aimee as if Aimee was on her own the yound lad would have been dead!!! she was ready to kill him!!! I just grinned and keep cool! The guy originally thought i was the bumper only and was reluctant to give me his details, but after the threat of the police he gave me his mod number, (which i rang while he was there) and i took his companies details (company van) and his name etc, and then i went home to have a good closer look, with out the worry of being on a bisy main road.

The out come, dented boot lid, cracked reverse light on the passangers side, bent bumper lip, and a scuffed bumper. I got a quote from the body shop that did roxie last time, £503.17

I phoned the company up and spoke to the finance woman (i think thats what she was) and explained the situation and she said that she would see what they was going to do when i faxed them the quote etc.

(At this point i will point out that the young guy had his dog in the company van with him, on the passangers seat......but when he hit me aimee turned round and the dog was right accross his side nearly.)

I phoned the nice lady again to tell her that the quote is on its way to them, and how much it is, and i asked them how they want to pay.....she was relucatnt to pay up them selfs they wanted to do the insurance company, but when i mentioned that he had his dog in the car and basically on his knee she said one word. "Oh....." and went silent for a min and then said "Thats not good is it".......

:angry:

that after noon Roxie is being booked in for repair and the company are paying. she went in on the 5th of Oct, and came out again nearly a week later. She is currantly sat at home waiting for me to come back next sat and pick her up and then take her to a mini meet at the ferry boat inn in nottingham!!

Oh and as a treat i have brought her a oil pressure gauge to replace her wonky clock. let just hope nothing else happens now.

So has anyone had a summer with more ups and downs than that????

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:06 PM

i made a baby with mrs bungle :angry:

#3 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:10 PM

Well Im not going to be writing quite so much, but long story short, i had a great summer.

Spent 2 weeks in the French Alps downhill mountain biking, back in england a day, before going to Crete in Greece to go scuba diving for 2 weeks again, then back in england another day before heading up to Scotland for a water sports activity few days.

Then not long ago i bought my first mini :angry:

Downsides.... im now broke and insurance cost the same as the car :huh:

Sounds like you had quite an eventful summer yourself!

#4 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:11 PM

i made a baby with mrs bungle :huh:

congratulations :angry:

#5 mini7racer

mini7racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:23 PM

i made a baby with mrs bungle :angry:

:tongue: a VERY good summer then!! congrats!

#6 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 12:57 PM

I seemed to have spent most of the summer in my garage building my mini...... Trying to fool myself into thinking it would be done before the end of summer.. :nugget:

Should be about ready for the start of the winter months :angry: :nugget: :grin:

#7 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:16 PM

Brands Hatch to Nurburgring 2005 MADE MY SUMMER!!!!

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:38 PM

I raced to Africa, had to get there in under 48 hours. We won! Read about it here.

We're doing another race next year to Rome, details to follow, or register on my forum to express some interest (or just to post some smutty remarks!!)

#9 minimole

minimole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:46 PM

bit of a C**p one i have been ill. was in hospital then i was at home recovering :angry:

#10 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:06 PM

i had a great summer

#11 Karl

Karl

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:25 PM

I raced to Africa, had to get there in under 48 hours. We won! Read about it here.

We're doing another race next year to Rome, details to follow, or register on my forum to express some interest (or just to post some smutty remarks!!)

That was the best thing I have read all summer, sounds like I have something to do next summer, scrap heap challenge anyone?
I think I might buy an old Jag, and kick its arse to Asia and back.

This summer was cool in parts, but all over it was just bloody hard work....

#12 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

yeah, i was having a great summer to, barbecue's, 18th birthday lots of shows, THENNNNNNN all of a sudden i lost my job due to money problems then Crashed my baby :angry: cause of a lame ass guy pulling out, and now Fighting with the insurance company to pay out for the damage :huh: so over all there were good times :grin: but also very sad times :angry:

#13 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:21 AM

Yeah had a good summer, went to drag wars and met loads of new people, went away for a few days to the lakes with better half, now im towards the end of fitting my new engine :angry: its been a great summer.

Year has been even better so far, got engaged!

#14 simong6

simong6

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:54 AM

congratulations mate!!!!

i had a fantastic summer, as it was my first with my mini :angry:

get slated on a daily basis because of it but hey shes mine and i woulndn't have any other, took her to scarborough for the mile of minis, looking forward to doing it next year, and i hope to see more people from here there, met beno and flower, that was an experience all in itself! :huh: :dontgetit: :erm: :angry: :angry: and hopefully the winter will be good to me too and ill be able to get her looking lubly :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users