chazzybaby

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:11 PM

hey guy's,

Can anyone help me here. i currently have a 998 engine but wouldn't mind changing it to large bore engine! i was concidering a metro turbo engine i believe these are 1293cc engines, what do people think of this engine?
supercharger: currently have an M45 blower out of the new mini coopers! how do i control the boost that it'll generate?
when calculation the compression ratio do we have to take into account the extra volume of air incerted by the supercharger?
Metro turbo's are set at 9.6:1 compression. why are they so high for a turbo?
everyone seems to go for a compression ratio of between 7.5:1 and 8.7:1 can someone explain why this variation? what difference will it make to power and engine lifespan?
i am looking for more reliable power! the mini is used daily (except when it is cold as the heater doesn't work need to replace matrix) and i would like more power in the low revs on it! can u set a supercharger to produce high boost at low revs and a maintained boost up into the higher revs? say 10psi throughout rev range?

also what suspension, braking and body modifications do do recommend before upping the power?

thank you!

#2 miniman andy

miniman andy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Local Club: Tamworth Mini Maniacs

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

i got a supercharger running around 10psi. on a 1400cc. (that i believe that the compression ratio has been lower) and running 5cc dished pistons instead of the flat top pistons for even lower compression.
not to sure about reliablity yet. but let just say im bricking it just turning over. :)
last thing i want is pushing it to far... :D but i have never had problems with the 1400 on there own (without the charger) so i don't know what is going to happen. but i have started it up and all seems good so far.. if i can just get it to idle. but i have just been told i have a leak between the carb and the head somewhere...

by the way i am running a carb'ed suck through setup. soon to be an injection one.

but you can't beat having a tinker when you get bored. just expect the unexpected. but seriously for gods sake don't put yourself in serious :) . and always have a backup plan.

Edited by miniman andy, 13 December 2009 - 09:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users