3 replies to this topic

#1 joedaud

joedaud

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

It happened the other day and now again today all the way home - When I press the clutch to come to a stop the revs are just falling off and the car cuts out. any suggestions folks?

#2 sambarnes

sambarnes

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

It happened the other day and now again today all the way home - When I press the clutch to come to a stop the revs are just falling off and the car cuts out. any suggestions folks?

I had the exact same problem the other day. Turns out my idle valve had snapped. Went up the scrappy and found one from some rover up there.

Also check that its on tight first as it may be loose.

#3 THEMELV

THEMELV

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

mine did the same thing as well, looked for ages trying to find out what it was, it turned out one of the wires on my MAP sensor had broken. soldered it back together hasn't done it since.

#4 joedaud

joedaud

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

hahaha, i posted the same topic in the main forum bit and the replies i got have my girlfriend in tears in the corner here thinking the car is cabbaged! i forgot about this post so i'm well relieved with your two replies,ha. i'll have a good look at the hoses and such in the morning, a lot of ridiculous rumble strips and speed bumps around where i live that would rattle the teeth out of your head so maybe something has come loose, heres hoping. cheers for the replies folks.

mine did the same thing as well, looked for ages trying to find out what it was, it turned out one of the wires on my MAP sensor had broken. soldered it back together hasn't done it since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users