minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hi

had a look about the passengers side footwell - its LHD. can see the fuse box at all! isnt this where id find it?

Cheers

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

All SPi fuse boxes are in the engine compartment. Depending on year its either the usual mini four glass fuse box with a load of glass inline fuses under the windscreen scuttle, or its the 24 way blade fuse box found on cars from mid to late 1995>

#3 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

aha got it - I was looking where its found on an mpi!

Cheers

#4 Terrible T

Terrible T

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Local Club: Looking for one

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Sorry to open an old thread.

I have a 1996 late spi with the 24 blade fuse box in the engine compartment and need the cover for the fuse box. I have been told by a number of people that Rover never recognised the fuse box cover as a part on this model >:lol: and therefore i am unable to get one. Does anyone have one, no somebody who has one or knows where i can buy one as water is getting in the fuse box and blowing my fuses :D

Please can anyone help. ( i am of course happy to exchange £ for the item)

Thanks
T

#5 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:36 PM

I have a 1996 late spi with the 24 blade fuse box in the engine compartment and need the cover for the fuse box. I have been told by a number of people that Rover never recognised the fuse box cover as a part on this model >:D and therefore i am unable to get one. Does anyone have one, no somebody who has one or knows where i can buy one as water is getting in the fuse box and blowing my fuses :D

Thanks
T

This seems to be a problem with these fuse boxes. I have only ever seen one car with the cover still fitted, and a friend bought a complete loom just for the lid. I too bought a complete second hand fuse box on ebay just to get the lid.

Its just how they are.

Until you find one, replace all the fuses with new ones (i recomend the tell tail ones with the LED :thumbsup:) and squeeze some silicon contact lubricant into the holes before you push the fuses in. That should help keep the water out for longer :lol:

#6 Terrible T

Terrible T

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Local Club: Looking for one

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I have a 1996 late spi with the 24 blade fuse box in the engine compartment and need the cover for the fuse box. I have been told by a number of people that Rover never recognised the fuse box cover as a part on this model >:D and therefore i am unable to get one. Does anyone have one, no somebody who has one or knows where i can buy one as water is getting in the fuse box and blowing my fuses :D

Thanks
T

This seems to be a problem with these fuse boxes. I have only ever seen one car with the cover still fitted, and a friend bought a complete loom just for the lid. I too bought a complete second hand fuse box on ebay just to get the lid.

Its just how they are.

Until you find one, replace all the fuses with new ones (i recomend the tell tail ones with the LED :thumbsup:) and squeeze some silicon contact lubricant into the holes before you push the fuses in. That should help keep the water out for longer :lol:

Many thanks for your reply, i will change all the fuses as you mention above. Somebody mentioned that i could pop to a scrappy and get some fuse box covers and see if any fit? But that is a long shot and i don't really want to go buying the whole box just for the lid.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users