13 replies to this topic

#1 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:34 PM

Hey all, on the 16 August i had an accident, and my car was hurt pretty bad, The insurance company said it was a right off, :cry: BUT! cause i carried on with the claim they came and inspected the car and said owww its not a right offf :grin:.
They said that as soon as the paper work cums through from the claim investigator they would sort out with mending it. ive done a bit of work on it so far This was wen they said it was a right off, i told them this and they said fine, cause it was there *male chicken* up. But still today there taking there time about this claim, i phoned them and they said there still waiting :cry:
what do you all think should i mend it or still go through with it, My excess is 420 pound and so far i spent 60pound on it and ive bought a new front valance and a new dizzy cap and rotor arm and bonnet pins, but iam not sure about the roof yet :sad:

Attached Files

#2 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

:cry:

Attached Files

#3 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

:cry:

Attached Files

#4 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

Pictures make it look better than it is, also forgot to take pictures of valance basicly its nakerd and twisted

#5 wobbit

wobbit

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: basingstoke mini club

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

yer it dont look too bad

#6 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

Hey naked boy!!!!

........... I've not actually seen the damage to your car yet!!! the photos dont look too bad - but i guess its worse than it looks!

........chop the roof off :cry:

#7 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:26 PM

My pickup is going through the same thing, with me ringing the insurance co (NIG, through Adrian Flux) every few days and getting no straight answers. They won't say whether they're writing it off or not and they never reply to my calls. It's been more than three weeks now. I've made an official complaint to NIG and to the broker.

My excess is £200 and I'd saved up some cash for modifications so I've gone ahead with the repairs anyway. There's no way Huey is going to be written off by some half-baked trigger-happy claims monkey who just wants to send everything to the scrapper for a few quid write-off value.

I used to insure Huey for an agreed value (£4,000) but the amount of paperwork got so stupid I stopped. If it wasn't for the law making insurance compulsory most of the insurers would be down the job centre.

In fairness the damage was my fault in the first place and I believe the repairs to the other car have gone ahead ok, with a courtesy car provided etc.

Rant over :cry: As for advice I can only say what I intend to do, which is first to get Huey back safe and sound and then if I can't get any joy from the insurers I'll be contacting the local paper and tv station with a cracking yarn about the brave little mini that went all the way to Germany and back and raised money for charity, only for a cruel insurance man to cast him on the scrapheap after a bump. But lo and behold, here is Huey as good as new and ready to raise more charity cash etc blah blah. Dammit, I spent 30 years on newspapers writing this sort of stuff about other people so it's about time I benefited from my old craft. :cool:

#8 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:29 PM

Go Teapot Go Teapot..... :cry: :cry:

#9 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:34 PM

haha thats an awsome story teapot i love it, lol naked boy the weathers to cold now cant be naked anymore :tongue:
the roof on the picture dont look to bad anymore cause i poped it out a bit but its realy rippeld and gutterning is nakerd at the front :cry:

#10 clubman katie B.F

clubman katie B.F

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

i still have a windscreen if you want it naked boy lol

#11 Jonnyb

Jonnyb

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:09 AM

Hi,
i suppose it depends on how confident you are with your pannel work,the front valance shouldnt cause any major upset but roof repairs are never gonna be the easiest.. also depending on how quick the car came to a stop in the insident it could have missalined other parts of the car, which aint so good. again i wouldnt have thought the roof guttering would be too much of a problem. just the roof!

my thoughts are its gonna cost more than your exsess to get your roof put right and it isnt the sort of job id be tempted to do at home
so constent phone calls may have to be the way forward. these insurance companys are slow and often need helping along..... we've had a car in our bodyshop since may and its only just got started on!!!!

plus if your not happy with any of the work you can get them to do it again and again and again intill your happy with the work, this isnt as easy when you do it at home!

you say you've already brought a valance etc, maybe you could sell them on to the bodyshop that your gonna take your car too? if there genuine they shouldnt mind after all its the insurance company paying for the pannels not them.

cheers!

#12 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:23 AM

Hey clubman katie, i completely forgot bout that windscreen, how much would you lik for it :grin:

#13 clubman katie B.F

clubman katie B.F

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:28 PM

you can have it....don't like to see a mini off the road

#14 chocolate jazz

chocolate jazz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

wehay :cry: thank you very much, i'll give you a bid hug for it. i'll pm you thankyou :grin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users