#1 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local Club: minis unlimited

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:56 AM

i brought burney the jet black mini back in june 2004 as a shell with nothing more than just the subframes and steering column on him for the huge price of £100 which was quite good seeing as there was minimal rust ( front wings and front pannel, driverside scuttle, small hole in rear seat base, driver side floor pan and a tiny hole under the fuel tank.

i imediately started stripping the rusty pannels from the front and replaced them with new genuine wings and a non-gen front panel making them into a removable front.

i then added the wheels(£280 from a auto jumble) 6 point cage and recaro seats(£15 and a knackered ps2). i found a nice dash(£89 brand new) and bonnet(£38) on ebay and added these to the equation. to keep the dash looking good i decided to use diferent dials to the standard so i added some clocks i picked up at auto jumbles and a push start button.

soon after came the arches which are group 6 and harnesses also at this time i added the steering wheel to keep up with the more modern look of the dash.

here are some pictures of burney so far, they are a couple of months old and i have done a few things since but it gives you an idea of what im doing

Posted Image
rally bonnet i have 4 spots going in this a bit of work still to do on this to finish it off.
Posted Image
a front view before i fitted the chrome grill and lights
Posted Image
custom dash with what i think is a mg spedo push button starter
Posted Image
custom made center console with cd player that is now removed with a 7" touch screen and pc mountaid in the boot
Posted Image
dzus fastner fixing removable front
Posted Image
rear 1/4 with tinted glass and you can see the rollcage
Posted Image
recaro seats and sparco harnesses and full six point cage
Posted Image
13x7 genuine revolutions with 195/40 13

any comments welcomed

#2 Dave 1293

Dave 1293

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

Yay another jetblack!!

Looks interesting!! What engine u going 4?

#3 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:29 PM

Nice jet black, you dont see many spots mounted in the bonnet, gonna look ace. You done anything to the engine? Nice tt cage ive got one too :grin:

#4 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:41 PM

my engine is being built at the moment i am planning a 998 turbo using a t2 turbo

the bonnet is a custom job i bought it off ebay ages ago and the guy i got it off had built it himself it just needs a few touches to finish it off now.

the tt cage is ok just it will need spraying with the body as it has got scrtatches and runs everywhere when it arrived as it only had a thin coat of paint on it lol

planning for xmas to be mot'd but that will prob be in primer drive it round like that for a bit while i save for a respray lol

#5 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:11 PM

its funny you say that about the paint on the tt cages, mine was fine when i got it but in the 30 deg of b2n the paint melted and ran really badly. still good value though.
Turbo power sounds good, i look forward to seeing it when its done :wub:

#6 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:31 PM

i dont know why the paint on them is so bad because they do look really good until you look close at the paint lol

did you have problems with the fit of the cage mate mine is almost pissed lol the two rear hoops are offset and dont line up lol

jamie

#7 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

na the fits not to bad apart from having to force things into place but it lines up ok now. Had to bend the rear legs quite a lot so they actually met the wheel archs. Still a bargain at £180

#8 wobbit

wobbit

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: basingstoke mini club

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

lookin gud mate!! if u give up on the bonnet il ave it :grin:

#9 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:14 PM

There was someone making those bonnets, can't remember who though..

#10 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:43 PM

lol i think i will keep the bonnet but if i do i will give you first dibbs on it mate lol

i would like to find out who made this bonnet as it has caused quite a stir and i have had a few people asking about it wanting one

jamie

#11 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:12 PM

Hmmm, not found it exactly, and I'm sure there was something different, but I'm guessing the person you have bought it off got one of these lamp pods and has blended it in to a bonnet.

#12 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:34 PM

no its not these lamp pods as the light fittings are a lot different to this as i had to use smaller lights than the ones on this and that type mounts a lot higher up on the bonnet than mine as mine is almost inline with the headlights and not sat ontop of he bonnet

#13 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:28 PM

Lol, they don't actually go there on the bonnet where smudger has put them, I'm guessing he's put them there to stop them falling off the bonnet. They do actually go right at the front of the bonnet.

I think if anyone is trying to get the rally spotlamps on their bonnet like above then smudger should be able to sort you out.

#14 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:30 PM

Im getting some hopefully!! :wub:

#15 wobbit

wobbit

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: basingstoke mini club

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:34 PM

my xmas pressie i think, has ne1 spoken to smudger lately? is he still making these?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users