MBarnes

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:36 PM

heres what your looking for!!!

proper steel wheels - 6 x 10 very early "wellers" before they produced the famous 8 spoke. These are basically mini centres with wellers own outer section. Why I sold this car I'll never know!! best looking mini I've EVER had.

That is amazing! I assume these wheels are hard to come by??

#33 BiMU

BiMU

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Local Club: Middlesex Mini Club

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

heres what your looking for!!!

proper steel wheels - 6 x 10 very early "wellers" before they produced the famous 8 spoke. These are basically mini centres with wellers own outer section. Why I sold this car I'll never know!! best looking mini I've EVER had.

Posted Image

Oh my gosh that looks damn sexy! Do you have anymore info on this mini? Nice, simple and has a great wheels and stance!

#34 Boycie

Boycie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

Reverse rims with 7.5" brakes and S rear drums

:xxx: I luuuuuurve your car mk3 C S! I have a set of reverse rims for mine now, our cars will look very similar- is that flame/ Vermillion/ Flamenco Red?

#35 mt2man

mt2man

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Local Club: PandSMOC

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

Mine is on steelies atm :) pictures are hereeee http://www.theminifo...howtopic=145269 unfortunatly its up for sale soon :xxx:.

Jack

#36 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

Reverse rims with 7.5" brakes and S rear drums

:xxx: I luuuuuurve your car mk3 C S! I have a set of reverse rims for mine now, our cars will look very similar- is that flame/ Vermillion/ Flamenco Red?

Very kind of you.

It is in Blaze an early 70's BL colour. I have toyed with the idea of a black roof but I am not sure?

What colour have you got your reverse rims? I have also thought about having those Old english white also.

#37 Boycie

Boycie

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

I think a black roof would look crackin'..

Blaze is very nice, brighter/more red than my 'Flamenco' I think.. re the rims, mine are now at sand blasted stage, so wheel colour is in debate. I thought I'd settled on O.E.W but after seeing yours in silver, I'm now undecided! Regarding the reverse rims and 'S' discs, much tyre poking out past the archline?

#38 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

I think a black roof would look crackin'..

Blaze is very nice, brighter/more red than my 'Flamenco' I think.. re the rims, mine are now at sand blasted stage, so wheel colour is in debate. I thought I'd settled on O.E.W but after seeing yours in silver, I'm now undecided! Regarding the reverse rims and 'S' discs, much tyre poking out past the archline?

I may see if I can get a sticker made up for the roof as is still has the original paint on the roof and therefore I could go back if I didn't like it.

The wheel in my opinion are just OK in terms of sticking out over the arches. You can just see the tread (in fact the rears are slightly worse).
My MOT man has never mantioned them but he is an ex mini man but very fair and straight all the same.

My car sometimes wears OEW minilights which look good but need a minor referb now.
Post up some pictures of your car.

#39 rubex

rubex

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Local Club: Chichester mini club

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Posted Image

One of my hub caps fell off on a pot hole and they were proper dirt and euck but i couldnt afford new wheels and never found any i liked.....My boyfriend said well we'll paint them then pick a colour and i went for yellow :xxx:
I love my steeelies :)

They're just the standard 12" wheels (92 reg car) with cheapy tyres because im pooor lol

Edited by rubex, 07 January 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#40 Boycie

Boycie

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:24 PM

Posted Image

Standard 70's 3.5/10" steelies with 145 tyres! Look ok IMO if nicely painted (unlike here).

#41 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

Very tidy and with the original mk3 shell.

Reverse rims can be fitted with 145 tyres too which may stick out a little less that the 165's

What colour / type of interior trim do you have?

#42 Boycie

Boycie

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:33 PM

Thanks, it's all original Navy (very dark though, most think it's black). Sadly the dampness has caused one rear 'door' card to bow slightly, so I'm going to sort that when it warms up a bit..

Dash is standard triple, central gauges with black liners.

May consider 145's for the reverse rims, although I di have a new set of 165's waiting to go on! :xxx:

#43 myredmini

myredmini

My Mummy Says It's OK

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Posted Image

One of my hub caps fell off on a pot hole and they were proper dirt and euck but i couldnt afford new wheels and never found any i liked.....My boyfriend said well we'll paint them then pick a colour and i went for yellow :xxx:
I love my steeelies :)

They're just the standard 12" wheels (92 reg car) with cheapy tyres because im pooor lol

Can any one on here edit this so the wheels are white ? and if possible black. just trying to see if they will look good on my mini when ive finished restoring it, unsure on a colour thanks

Danny.

#44 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Thanks, it's all original Navy (very dark though, most think it's black). Sadly the dampness has caused one rear 'door' card to bow slightly, so I'm going to sort that when it warms up a bit..

Dash is standard triple, central gauges with black liners.

May consider 145's for the reverse rims, although I di have a new set of 165's waiting to go on! :xxx:

Same trim as mine although I have added a pair of Karobe seats to mine which are black, but as you say the blue is so dark it looks OK.
You can get the replacement hardboard backs for the doorcards etc which make life easy and they are very cheap at the shows.

If you have the 165's then I would fit them.
What else do you have planned?

#45 Mart!

Mart!

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Local Club: www.MainlyMinisMontreal.com

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image

regular steelies banded to 6in

0 user(s) are reading this topic