#1 rusty789

rusty789

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

I know how much it's advertised for, but i'm not really that knowledgable with the prices of mini's yet, so i thought i'd get a second opinion..

It's only done a couple of hundred miles since having it restored, the exterior of the car is about as perfect as it can be, the only thing is rear subframe has a small hole no bigger than a pencil..

Engine is the standard 1275cc, interior is the original, wheels are brand new as are the tyres still have the stickers on them..

Just personally i think the seats need freshening up and the engine bay could do with some paint and a general clean up..

What's it worth?

Posted Image

#2 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • Local Club: Mini's N Oatcakes

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

I know how much it's advertised for, but i'm not really that knowledgable with the prices of mini's yet, so i thought i'd get a second opinion..

It's only done a couple of hundred miles since having it restored, the exterior of the car is about as perfect as it can be, the only thing is rear subframe has a small hole no bigger than a pencil..

Engine is the standard 1275cc, interior is the original, wheels are brand new as are the tyres still have the stickers on them..

Just personally i think the seats need freshening up and the engine bay could do with some paint and a general clean up..

What's it worth?

Posted Image

I paid £2,400 for mine. The body work is really good. There is only a little bit of rust on the passenger door and there is a small bubble around the petrol tank.

How much is this Mini advertised for? I think I saw it on ebay or on the Classic Cars For Sale website...
Personally I think that this Mini looks fantastic and is probably worth £2,500 + ... but the only thing that is probably putting people off is the little hole in the subfarme. But if you have already done work on a Mini and know how to do it... its not going to take that long and proably won't cost you too much.

Painting the engine bay is a pretty easy enough job if you have the time for it.
Overall from the pictures I have seen, it looks like a good solid Mini :thumbsup:

#3 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

What's it worth?

Posted Image

I paid £2,400 for mine. The body work is really good. There is only a little bit of rust on the passenger door and there is a small bubble around the petrol tank.

How much is this Mini advertised for? I think I saw it on ebay or on the Classic Cars For Sale website...
Personally I think that this Mini looks fantastic and is probably worth £2,500 + ... but the only thing that is probably putting people off is the little hole in the subfarme. But if you have already done work on a Mini and know how to do it... its not going to take that long and proably won't cost you too much.

Painting the engine bay is a pretty easy enough job if you have the time for it.
Overall from the pictures I have seen, it looks like a good solid Mini :thumbsup:

Also if it's had a respray ect ect it's got to be worth something!!

#4 rusty789

rusty789

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

It's up for £3,500 on classic cars for sale..

I went to see it yesterday, i was impressed with everything except the engine bay and seats.. :thumbsup:

EDIT: The reyspray didn't cost top dollar (but it is an excellent job though) as he did it with a mate in a proper booth and everything..

Edited by rusty789, 29 December 2009 - 05:04 PM.

#5 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

I wouldnt use that picture to advertise it though as it looks like a huge puddle of oil near it :thumbsup:

#6 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

It's up for £3,500 on classic cars for sale..

I went to see it yesterday, i was impressed with everything except the engine bay and seats.. >_<

Ahhh rite, that's not a bad price then!
Seats wouldn't cost too much... Do you just want to give them a clean?

I think it's worth the money! Just make sure that there is nothing being hidden... sills ect ect.
I stripped mine down not long ago and found that they were rotten in places. When I bought the car he said that they were in good condition. But the good thing with a Mini is that everything can be fixed and it's never that expensive :thumbsup:

#7 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:08 PM

recent reprays can hide a multitude of sins.
see if theyve taken pictures before painting.

i dont think its worth £3.5k

I'd be worried why the rear subframe is that badly corroded if the car has been 'overhauled' / 'restored'

#8 rusty789

rusty789

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

The seats don't need replacing, there just a bit faded and like old..

The only problem is i cant really afford to find anything rotten, this will be the mini for the road whilst the other one gets a good restoration, and i wont be able to afford to fix both lol

#9 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:10 PM

The seats don't need replacing, there just a bit faded and like old..

The only problem is i cant really afford to find anything rotten, this will be the mini for the road whilst the other one gets a good restoration, and i wont be able to afford to fix both lol

Ahhh rite! Well just make sure you have a look before you think of buying it. :thumbsup:

#10 rusty789

rusty789

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Plenty of pictures..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 MiniAlex

MiniAlex

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

Plenty of pictures..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That looks really good :thumbsup:

#12 jammiedodger26

jammiedodger26

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:35 PM

:P LEEROY!!!

That's my old Sprite!!

I'm guessing its for sale in a place near Oxford? I sold it to someone who was going to restore it and then use it as a show car for their bodyshop?

He's looking good though!!

#13 rusty789

rusty789

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

:P LEEROY!!!

That's my old Sprite!!

I'm guessing its for sale in a place near Oxford? I sold it to someone who was going to restore it and then use it as a show car for their bodyshop?

He's looking good though!!

Looks like he's got a name now then..

Yeah. I'll get some decent pictures up when its light tomorrow..

#14 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

So you bought it then. Well done. I found the old project thread earlier as well.

Edit: Here it is.

http://www.theminifo...x...c=97700&hl=

Edited by Mini-jon, 31 December 2009 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users