#1 cityandcolour

cityandcolour

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Local Club: Wigton Motor Club

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

I've currently had my mini up for sale for about a month or 2 and although i've had a few swap offers , no cash offers, its listed online for £2800 on various sites. I'm looking for 2500 in all honesty but i've put it at this price so i wont get less.

pictures; Pictures of the car

here's the spec:

Its a mini 25th anniversary edition with the following extensive modifications that have cost me thousands.

Engine: 998cc
Dave Vizard modified 997 cooper head (stage 2)
HIF44 Carb
K&N Filter
Maniflow Lcb & Single box centre exit system

Running Gear:
Cooper S discs conversion up front
Minisport minifin drums
Virtually brand new spax gas adjustable all round, (30 settings)
High lows, currently lowered.
6x10 Minator alloys, almost new w/ yokohama ao32 tyres.

Bodywork:
Professionally deseamed shell, gutters taken off, flawless.
Recent respray (4 months)
in Ford Zetec S sea grey/ ford panther black roof and arches
Group 6 arches
Mk1 grille
Underseal under all arches.
Valances and sills bodyshultzed.

Interior;
Black back seats and door cards with red trim.
Cobra monaco bucket seats
Driver side Omp four point harness blue.
Speaker board under seat, jvc 6x9s
Walnut dash
Black carpet

Maintenence;
Full new ignition system
New rear wheel bearings
New ball joints

Bad points;
few very small chips and scratches on paintwork.
Needs a new cv joint and a new wheel bearing
Left hand front arch is cracked due to idiot learner driver, quick fix with some fiberglass/filler.
Needs rear window seals replaced

#2 mini mayhem

mini mayhem

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Of Ireland

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:53 PM

seems resonable
under the bonnet needs attention
clean and tidy engine bays always impress

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

I stick with my initial estimate ( your previous post ) about 2k, I think you've probably started about right which leaves you the room for negotiation but expect lower offers if any.... if you get no action in a couple of weeks, then reduce the price to say 2500, and see how it goes...

A mini of that nature is not going to be a quick sale unless it's REALLY cheap, but then you have the counter problem of it being too cheap and then people think there's something wrong with it..

The only sure way to sell a vehicle, if you need it gone, is to whop it onto ebay and let it fins its own value... protect it with a reserve if you want but be prepared for it not to sell...

#4 cityandcolour

cityandcolour

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Local Club: Wigton Motor Club

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

I stick with my initial estimate ( your previous post ) about 2k, I think you've probably started about right which leaves you the room for negotiation but expect lower offers if any.... if you get no action in a couple of weeks, then reduce the price to say 2500, and see how it goes...

A mini of that nature is not going to be a quick sale unless it's REALLY cheap, but then you have the counter problem of it being too cheap and then people think there's something wrong with it..

The only sure way to sell a vehicle, if you need it gone, is to whop it onto ebay and let it fins its own value... protect it with a reserve if you want but be prepared for it not to sell...

thanks very much, in regards to my last thread, i had my insurance updated with modifications including deseaming and it another 10 pounds a month, not too bad.

i was considering a trade in on it because its an assured sale however they said they'd only give me 1900 so i'm not sure :)
If i listed it at 2200 think that'd sell quick? i just want rid of it so i can by my new car before it sells.

#5 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:35 PM

I'm gob smacked a trader has offered you 1900 for it... I can only assume it's going in as trade against something they either want to sell quick or is considerably higher in price than the mini...

If traded in however it is a clean 'get out of jail free card', there's no come back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users