#1 hmshood11

hmshood11

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

Hi,

I have got an electric Smiths oil pressure gauge (+ sender), does any one know a way of fitting the sender while still retaining the oil pressure switch for the ECU?

Thanks

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5d270e3e05

#3 hmshood11

hmshood11

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5d270e3e05

Thanks for the link but isn't the T piece just for the oil pick up pipe only (for the mechanical gauge)?

#4 nicksuth

nicksuth

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:27 PM

I think you will find it is the right Tee peice for either gauge (mech or Elec), you just need the "electrical" sender unit (see link) to screw in to the extra port?

Link

#5 THE STIG

THE STIG

Da stig says, GO GO GO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

he already has he sende says so in the first post

the sender will srew straight in to that adapter with the swicth in the other hole

if like mine the sender is to big to fit directly in the the t peice as it hit the block

i ran a braided oil line that i had for the mechanical guage and fitted the sender to that so its behind the dash out the way

also ment did not have to run the wires fom engine bay to the clock in the dash as is right next to it

#6 nicksuth

nicksuth

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

the sender will srew straight in to that adapter with the swicth in the other hole

if like mine the sender is to big to fit directly in the the t peice as it hit the block

i ran a braided oil line that i had for the mechanical guage and fitted the sender to that so its behind the dash out the way

also ment did not have to run the wires fom engine bay to the clock in the dash as is right next to it

Aye, steady, I'm still suffering from last night!!! :P Just hitting the keys on the PC is a challenge :thumbsup:

#7 hmshood11

hmshood11

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

Ok, cheers for that, by the sounds of it like you my sender is to big to go next to the block so I will give it try with a braided pipe up to the dash.

Thanks

#8 sabaxter

sabaxter

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

Sorry to bring up an old post, does anyone know where this T piece and sender can be obtained. Cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users